[4755] When registration is disabled, don't show the registration option.

Started by tfs, June 16, 2011, 12:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfs

Version 2.0 final...

When registration is disabled, don't show the registration options on the landing page. 

Remove the "Please login below or register an account with %XYZ%.

And remove the [Register] option on the menu.

Right now if you click on [Register] you see a message that says "An Error Has Occurred!"  But an error has NOT occurred... registrations are merely disabled.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Illori

since 2.0 is feature locked [for years] if the developers consider this an issue, it most likely will not get looked into until a future version of smf.

tfs

It makes it seem unprofessional to say that an error occurred, as if the webmaster is not in control of what's happening... and doesn't know what's going on.... and isn't aware that an error condition exists.  It's not an error, and it shouldn't say that it's an error.  The option should be removed if it's considered to be an error when you click on it.

I'd pay a reasonable amount for a mod that fixed it properly, as long as it did it in such a way as to not clash with SimplePortal and SimpleDesk.  :)
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Illori

holodoc

Or you could simply change that message in the language files to look like lets say.... 'Something unexpected has happened but you don't really need to know what' ;D

It's time to go to bed... This work marathon is killing me :-[

tfs

tfs

Thanks Antechinus.  I'm glad you guys like it.  So..... when's 2.1 going to be released?!?!?   :)  Just kidding of course.   O:)

Norv

Sooner than 4 years and a half from now, that's for sure! :D
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: