News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to prevent login if browser cookie disabled ?

Started by thunderstorm98, June 17, 2011, 10:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thunderstorm98

Hello all, just joined this awesome community  :)

I have one question that how to prevent member login if client end browser cookies are disabled. I have tested in my newly installed forum and its allowing login even if browser cookie is disabled. Is there any setting needed in script or may be Iam doing some wrong with configuration.
For information my 'Local storage of cookies' setting is 'unchecked'

Thanks

thunderstorm98

kat

What is it that you're trying to achieve, by doing this?

I have to say, if I went to your site and it insisted on me having cookies enabled, I'd get out of there, PDQ.

thunderstorm98

Iam not talking to achieve anything, Iam just asking for solution on this issue.

Kindred

I would not call this an issue, since the system is performing exactly as intended and designed...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

thunderstorm98

Iam able to login on this forum without cookies enabled !!, how session can be controlled or if cookies doesn't have any role in SMF then why its added in configuration setting !!?

kat

As I said, I don't know what you're trying to achieve.

If I knew that, I might be able to help.

You said "Iam not talking to achieve anything, Iam just asking for solution on this issue.", which kinda contradicts itself, to me.

Basically, WHY do you want to do this?

There may be a way around it. But, without knowing what you're trying to achieve and why, I can't even guess.

thunderstorm98

How session can be controlled by SMF if cookie is not written to client end ? Currently what's the role of cookie in SMF ?  :)

Advertisement: