Feature request for easier translation correction.

Started by rybog, June 17, 2011, 04:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybog

Hi,

i sorely miss a feature which would be IMHO greatly helpful.

Under "Configuration >> Languages... >> Edit Languages" you can choose a language to edit its entries. All entries of the selected templates are displayed in two columns.

This begs the question what the purpose of said feature is, if the entries have already translated. The translation is done after all.

The same is true for me, yet the default translation to my language is absymal.
Grammar, style, logic of speach and spelling are like something written by an illiterate and completely inaccepatble.
If you provide a feature to edit the entries of a language of ones choice,
so surly the purpose is to enable the admin to correct entries which in his opinion are inacceptable.

Thats why i would like to correct the mistranslations,
but without the original language (english) i am unable to determine whether the moronic translator has translated the entries correctly at all.
I do need the original english language as basis. It would be greatly helpful if the left column contained the original language and the right the translation.

I want to learn your opinion and whether my request is justified.

Greetings.

Illori

take a look at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=258872.0, and the feature to edit the language strings is for those admin that wish to call something by another name, they can edit it in the forum instead of the php files.

Advertisement: