Features and Settings blank page

Started by monst3r, June 17, 2011, 04:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monst3r

Hi,

I did a fresh install of SMF 2.0, I downloaded from the website the full package then uploaded through FTP and finally did the Installation procedure, after install I deleted the Install.php and Install<DATABASE>.php files.

When I'm trying to enter to the Features and Settings page using my administrator account and I get a Blank Page, cheked the Error Log, no errors were found.

Any suggestions?

Illori

any errors in the servers error log?

MC73

I would personally , run the large upgrade file again, Just to make sure that something didn't get screwed up within. Then i would just Delete the upgrade.php file. It's worth a try and would only take 10 minutes , if it works, then it will be 10 minutes worth spending.

Also, may also want to see if the cmd mode is ok , try setting all files and folders to 777 ....

There are my 2 suggestions for ya.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

monst3r

I did a clean install, I downloaded the SMF 2.0 Full Install from http://download.simplemachines.org/. I already checked the chmod for the following files:

attachments
Packages
Packages/installed.list
Smileys
Themes
Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php
agreement.txt
Settings.php
Settings_bak.php
install.php (this file was already gone as I had already installed)

As the documentation specified (http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=5)

Any suggestion?

Illori

can you ask your host to check the server error log and see if there is anything related to this?

monst3r

Hosting company doesn't have any errors :( They told me that currently SMF 2.0 is not supported which seems odd because I was having a forum already there hosted with no problems.

I don't know if the following is related but let me explain you how my hosting architecture is working:

I have a hosting with my main domain (maindomain.com.mx) in this hosting service I can host other domains. At first I was trying the SMF 2.0 performance on this address: hxxp:maindomain.com.mx/folder/forum [nonactive] after I saw that everything was ok, I decided to purchase a domain name and do the hosting on my main hosting, so I was hosting hxxp:maindomain.com.mx [nonactive] and hxxp:mynewdomain.com [nonactive] on the same place, then I did a new folder on my new domain which is called forum and I uploaded SMF 2.0 there and some stuff works and some don't like the features and settings.

monst3r

Hosting company aumented my memory_limit variable upto 128M and it's working correctly :)

Advertisement: