News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Limit Number of Guests Online

Started by Sarge, April 17, 2009, 04:28:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarge

Link to Mod

This mod allows you to set how many online guests you want to allow in your forum. If more than X guests have been online during the last Y seconds, the forum is automatically disabled for guests and the login screen is shown instead. Guests are allowed to visit the forum as soon as the number decreases. This can be very useful on forums that become heavily overloaded during peak times.

After installing this mod, the settings are located in Admin > Features and Options > Basic Features tab (SMF 1.1.x) or Admin > Features and Options > General tab (SMF 2.0), after "Allow guests to browse the forum".

The first setting allows you to select the number of guests you want to allow; set this to 0 to disable the mod.

The second setting is for the threshold duration in seconds; by setting this to 0, you can use the "User online time threshold" (in minutes) instead.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Afro

sounds good, i will give it a shot now. weldone

digit

Yeah works great - what a great idea!  8)  It does seem to be working fine on this end -- my only concern is how it will effect the search engines....  'keeping my fingers crossed!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Afro

Quote from: digit on April 17, 2009, 04:59:43 AM
Yeah works great - what a great idea!  8)  It does seem to be working fine on this end -- my only concern is how it will effect the search engines....  'keeping my fingers crossed!

Hmm, you have a point. How does it affect the spiders?

Sudhakar Arjunan

HI Sarge,

Its a good concept for heavy forums.

Thanks again.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

alex30

Spider is a guest, they will be locked as well.

MaXiForum.cz

MCK

I love this mod but wondering if it will still work on my RC4 forum. Any one out there still using it?

MCK

Jack_Elixir

Guests online time threshold (in seconds).

what's this ?

Advertisement: