News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to force Guest?

Started by Galaxy Computers, June 18, 2011, 01:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galaxy Computers

Is there a way to force a guest to read a page like the "The Rules" before they register on the forum?
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Morris Technologies Computer Support Forum

YogiBear

Try...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1343

:)

If not then top right of this forum : Customize > modifications > rules >
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Galaxy Computers

I  have already have that mod on my forum they just go straight to the registeration form. What I want is that the guest goes to the "The Rules" before they register by clicking a link or tab.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

Galaxy Computers

The reason why is I had lots of new guests register on the forum don't post, and spamming on my forum.
Wade Morris
Amarillo, Texas

kat

They'll just ignore those rules, though.

Spoogs

There is no way to force anyone to read anything... if a spammer registers on your site with the intent to spam, they will do so even they they bothered to read your rules.

Burridge

There's a Registration Agreement which you could edit to display the rules of your board to. If people break rules, just warn/punish/ban them. However as K@, and Spoogs rightly said forcing people to read the rules won't do anything, people will still ignore them if they're there with the intent of spamming, breaking rules etc.

MC73

For Example ......

Quote from: mtechama on June 18, 2011, 01:19:36 PM
Is there a way to force a guest to read a page like the "The Rules" before they register on the forum?

Did you read the Entire Rules and Registered Agreement when you Registered here?

Well, Neither did 90% of us.
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

YogiBear

I think one of the Rules mods does cause a delay before someone can register but as everyone has said there's no guarantee a prospective member will bother to read them.

Recommend make one short paragraph at the top of the rules page which summarizes what you want to say and hope... :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: