Ant's Curve Variants

Started by Antechinus, June 19, 2011, 02:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shades.

Quote from: Antechinus on August 16, 2011, 07:00:41 PM
@Bozilla: I'll fix that and reload the zips, as well as giving the code for the changes.

Thanks...looking forward to it! 8)
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

Kimmie

I have installed both of these themes, and the only thing I see wrong is this discoloration on 1/2 of the board info

any idea how to fix that?

Kimmie

Quote from: Kimmie on September 10, 2011, 03:02:15 PM
I have installed both of these themes, and the only thing I see wrong is this discoloration on 1/2 of the board info

any idea how to fix that?

would sure appreciate an answer on this. This doesnt happen with any of my other custom themes, only these.

Antechinus

Antechinus

Quote from: Shades. on August 07, 2011, 02:36:14 PM
I love this theme and am currently using it on my site. (I replaced Crips "Raven" theme with this one) But I am having a problem, as with Crips "Raven" theme, on the registration page all the fields are a dark color except for the "Choose Password" fields. They are both white and the text is also white so a user can't tell if/when they're typing in those fields. Any way to fix this please?

Thanks 8)

Sorry, I forgot about this. The backgrounds and the text colours are actually not white. I find the contrast ok on my monitor, but I can see how it may be problematic for some people. To change it, open index.css.

Find:

.invalid_input
{
background: #fff0f0;
}

Replace:

.invalid_input
{
background: #fff0f0;
}
#registration  .input_password, #registration  .input_password:focus
{
color: #000;
}

Of course, you could also change the valid_input and invalid_input background colours too.

Kimmie

Antechinus

I was replying to your post. In general, whenever you want support for any problem (basic software, mod, theme, whatever) it is a good idea to provide a link to a live example of the problem. It tends to make diagnosis much easer.

Kimmie

Quote from: Antechinus on September 12, 2011, 06:30:19 PM
I was replying to your post. In general, whenever you want support for any problem (basic software, mod, theme, whatever) it is a good idea to provide a link to a live example of the problem. It tends to make diagnosis much easer.

k it helps if you quote the orig author so we know who you are talking to ;)

patriotgames2.info. You will have to register in order to see it, and then change to one of those two themes.

Antechinus

If you have a locked down site that is not visible to guests, please provide a test account when requesting support. Expecting support peeps to create an account every time they have to help someone is a sure way to make them grumpy.

Kimmie

well its not my fault the theme isnt right, I didnt make it  (which makes admins just as grumpy) ;)

Dont see why you even need one. Your gonna see the exact thing you see in the screenshot I posted above. Thats why I posted it.

I will send the info to you in a pm.

Antechinus

Screenshots don't give much information. It is a big help to see the code running live. That is why support people are always asking for a direct link to the problem. I explained that bfore.

Ok, you've got insane amounts of stuff stacked up, so the backdrop.png is running out of height. You'll have to make a taller image and change the css to suit. Either that or split it into two images (which still involves css changes, obviously).

Kimmie

Quote from: Antechinus on September 14, 2011, 03:36:42 AM
Screenshots don't give much information. It is a big help to see the code running live. That is why support people are always asking for a direct link to the problem. I explained that bfore.

Ok, you've got insane amounts of stuff stacked up, so the backdrop.png is running out of height. You'll have to make a taller image and change the css to suit. Either that or split it into two images (which still involves css changes, obviously).

I dont have insane amounts of anything stacked up anywhere on that site, so unless you can clarify that, I have no idea what your referring to. If your referring to the chatbox I have there, there is nothing insane about it, its one item and its put in a board descrip like that so guests cannot see it. There is nothing there that can be "split".

as for the css, 2.0 theme code has changed extensively versus prior theme code so I have no idea even where to begin even looking for where that image may be because on older themes, thats not an image, its simply a color you choose for that particular area. I pretty much had a feeling that there was an image involved in these two themes or that area would have just expanded to fit the chat box like all my other custom themes do.  Since theme code has changed so much, no idea where its even listed or what it was called.

Antechinus

If you want the easiest way of fixing it, with no screwing around with images required, do this:

Find:
table.table_list tbody.content tr.windowbg2, table.table_list tbody.content td.stats
{
background: #090909 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) 0 0 repeat-x;
}

Replace:
table.table_list tbody.content tr.windowbg2, table.table_list tbody.content td.stats
{
background: #090909;
}

Kimmie

Quote from: Antechinus on September 14, 2011, 05:06:47 PM
If you want the easiest way of fixing it, with no screwing around with images required, do this:

Find:
{
background: #090909 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) 0 0 repeat-x;
}

Replace:
{
background: #090909;
}

k that worked fine for the chocolate theme, but wouldnt work for the POD theme. In the preview it looked like it fixed it but as soon as I saved the changes, its still there. I will just have to play around with it I guess, or just get rid of that one.

Antechinus

Kimmie

Quote from: Antechinus on September 15, 2011, 04:12:41 AM
Clear your browser cache.

thats done several times a day already on all my browsers and I already knew to try that but thanks. It seems to be slowly working itself out for everyone so I guess eventually it will make it to me. Not a big fan of that theme, so I wont even be using it. I will just monitor the complaints on it I get, for a week or so (and yes they were already instructed to do the same) and if it wont fully resolve itself for the ones that want to use it, I will just remove it and find them another one. Or just break down and make one myself as I used to do it all the time. I always made my own themes before but since I have a real life, and work 6 days a week now, its not a top priority.

Thelost

Excellent Pack Ant!  Really appreciate the awesome themes.

Just 1 question, any idea how to enlarge only the main_menu objects, i realize making them larger is a multiple step process.  I've used photoshop to double the size of the menu_gfx.png images to 40px tall instead of 20px tall and that is the only change i made to that file.  But the text size is whats really giving me a bit of Trouble, i tried adding font: 2em; to #main_menu but it simply doesnt do anything =/.

I've done some generalized reading on the net on how to do this but im just missing something.  The actual theme im using is the Prince of Darkness theme.  I dont have a specific problem per-se as i've not managed to get anywhere at all other than making the adjustments to the menu_gfx.png file, all my tinkering attempts thus far have either had no effect or a completely wrong effect and have been reverted.
~ Lost

Antechinus

This is what sets the font-size. The last line of code just above the comment.

.dropmenu a span
{
display: block;
padding: 0 0 0 5px;
font-size: 0.9em;
}
/* the background's first level only */

Thelost

Great Ant Thanks!  This does exactly what i wanted it to do, last question, i'd like only to main menu to have the enlarged text, is there a way to make the drop menus the regular size as well as the admin menus and their drop menus the same old size?  I'm going to start systematically adding font: 0.9em; to each element to see if i can figure it out on my own but thought i might ask just in case this is a bad idea =D

Thanks for all your awesome effort and help Antechinus!  you are an asset to SMF!
~ Lost

Antechinus

Yeah that's easy. Use this just to target the main menu.

.dropmenu a span
{
font-size: 0.9em;
}
#main_menu .dropmenu a span
{
font-size: 2em;
}