News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.1.14 To SMF 2 Gold Upgrade Issue

Started by SD-X, June 20, 2011, 03:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Best guess is that GenericControls.template.php came out of the zip corrupt.  Attached is a clean file from the 2.0 upgrade package.  Try it.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

SD-X

Just tried your attached one and it didn't work. :(

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, registered on your forum and I see the problem.  Attach your PersonalMessage.template.php and I'll see if I can duplicate the problem on my 2.0 install.  Do you have any mods running?

- R. Waters

SD-X

Yes, but the issue was present before I had them installed. I already replaced that file as well, but here it is anyway.

Sir Osis of Liver

That's not the template that's running on your forum.  Works fine on my 2.0 board.  The one on your forum is trashed.  It doesn't display bbc buttons, smileys, or any of the text or buttons under the textarea.   Even the copyright text is missing in the footer.

This is your pm editor -

This is the template you just posted -

It should work the same on your forum.

- R. Waters

SD-X

That's odd, because it's the original theme from 1.1.14 that was upgraded to the original 2.0 Gold one. :S

Sir Osis of Liver

You have to clean up the install - it's a mess.  Uninstall all mods, then try uploading all the template and source files from a clean 2.0 upgrade package.  If that doesn't work, upload the entire package and run upgrade.php again.

- R. Waters

Realinfo

Quote from: Krash. on July 06, 2011, 01:10:19 AM

That's not the template that's running on your forum.  Works fine on my 2.0 board.  The one on your forum is trashed.  It doesn't display bbc buttons, smileys, or any of the text or buttons under the textarea.   Even the copyright text is missing in the footer.

This is your pm editor -

This is the template you just posted -

It should work the same on your forum.

I have this problem by my ISP............. on other ISP, site is ok.............. is there any solution.............

Kill Em All

Quote from: Krash. on July 06, 2011, 01:24:11 AM

You have to clean up the install - it's a mess.  Uninstall all mods, then try uploading all the template and source files from a clean 2.0 upgrade package.  If that doesn't work, upload the entire package and run upgrade.php again.
This. This is the best solution probably.

@Realinfo, are they the same forum, just two different hosting providers? or are they two completely different forums with different mods? You may want to try what Krash suggested, please note it will remove all mods installed and any edits you have made.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Realinfo

Same forum www.realinfo.tv when open with two different Internet service provider............ we get two different results.......... and problem started when ads injected by ISPs (Connect, Punjab, India in my case) via ui.streamride.net

this is when I open forum with  my ISP (Connect, Punjab, India)

and Forum seems ok when I open it in some other ISP

Please help..............

Realinfo

My problem is solved by read this..........
http://forum.unlimitedmb.com/showthread.php?p=20783

Search "<body id="help_popup">" (4 hits in 3 files)
  C:\Downloads\smf_2-0-2_install\Sources\ViewQuery.php (1 hits)
   Line 75:    <body id="help_popup">
  C:\Downloads\smf_2-0-2_install\Themes\default\GenericControls.template.php (1 hits)
   Line 85:                      <body id="help_popup">
  C:\Downloads\smf_2-0-2_install\Themes\default\Help.template.php (2 hits)
   Line 27:    <body id="help_popup">
   Line 71:    <body id="help_popup">

In the SMF source code you need to find <body id="help_popup"> and change it to
<'+'body id="help_popup">

Its probably in one of the templates.

MrPhil

Rather than reposting the same information over and over, please just point to one post such as http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=477556.msg3341025#msg3341025 (or that one, which is later, should point to this one?). Apparently this only involves sites where the hosting service (not ISP) inserts ads?

SD-X

For my situation, I haven't tried a full reinstall yet, but this upgrade situation still is not resolved on my end of things. With no mods installed at the time of the upgrade, it seems odd that this happened. I wonder what causes such things to go wrong, but then again...I shouldn't be surprised. I'm the unlucky one that gets computers throughout life that do the same kind of weird things no one else experiences, lol.

Storman™

But this topic is from July 2011  ! !  And you are still waiting !!!  :o

It's what Krash said, something is a miss on your forum as it's parsing php constants, either the files are corrupt or they are not the correct version, or some thing is equally "trashed".

You say you haven't tried a full install yet so there's your answer.

SD-X

Quote from: Storman on May 25, 2012, 02:25:10 PM
But this topic is from July 2011  ! !  And you are still waiting !!!  :o

It's what Krash said, something is a miss on your forum as it's parsing php constants, either the files are corrupt or they are not the correct version, or some thing is equally "trashed".

You say you haven't tried a full install yet so there's your answer.
I know. My post is because I'm wondering why this happened, though. Until recently, I'm the only one to post about this issue. Now that someone else has, I'm beginning to wonder if there's something broken in the upgrade package for 1.1.14 to 2.0 Gold that only appears under specific circumstances.

SD-X

That's a clever idea. I may have to try it. My webhost for the forum in question is ULMB, and they've been becoming ***holes lately with the intrusive popups and forced ads, so I wonder if it could be triggering this also...

SD-X

Sorry to bump this old topic, but the suggested idea above referring to host ad issues resolved the problem. I even attempted a fresh installation before using that method, and it did not solve it, so cheers to Realinfo for the awesome tip!

For future reference, anyone using ULMB.Com (UnlimitedMB.Com) hosting for their forums, Realinfo's topic link will resolve this issue for you.

Edit: Sorry...a little confusion with marking the topic as resolved. The button names seem to conflict a bit. :)

Advertisement: