SMF Theme Color Editor

Started by CyberAlien, June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie

Quote from: CyberAlien on June 27, 2011, 03:31:08 AM
Try this.

That is great!  Thanks. I will go back and work with it again!

Masterd

Willie

Did applying this new theme remove my flash news feature? It is not working now.

CyberAlien

Its the same as default style, so if you've edited default style, you should apply similar changes to new theme too.

LogoOff Team

Willie

I have been working with the program and just realized that you can change colors throughout the theme, not just the three areas in sample.  It appears that by clicking on the area of choice and then applying the hex # we can change any portion of the theme.  If so, are their some directions for using the colorizelt.  It seems much more powerful than I first realized.  I am sure that coders have no problem, but the rest of us need a little better explanation of how it works.   I am having hard time getting the sample to show my color changes. It seems I am getting layers of colors.  And on some themes submitted, different areas are being colorized with the three sample shaders. Is there a guide to using the program?

CyberAlien

I'm not good at writing tutorials, so there isn't one. Best I could come up with is tooltips that you see when you move mouse over different buttons.

Those 3 colors are the most common colors used in theme. Default colors are added by me during validation, they aren't being extracted from style and you can add/remove/change them while editing. I'm not using SMF anywhere other than my test forum, so please tell me if I've missed some other important color used by Curve theme and point me to where I can see it, so I would add that area to a sample image.

sharks

This is absolutely awesome! Finally something that doesn't require code edits! Thank you so much, CyberAlien. You're an SMF theme hero!

Pentaxian

Downloading didn't succeed in Safari. It did in Firefox.

CyberAlien

Did you get a error message or did it just freeze at some point? And if it did freeze, did it happen before or after png images were parsed in browser?

CyberAlien

Safari problem should be fixed now.

sharks

I am using the current latest Firefox 5.0 and it's working flawlessly. BTW, Firefox is the best browser for SMF. I believe i read that somewhere on this SMF site by one of the SMF developers.

slider11111

Could I just change the forum orange toggle and the board orange heading text to a different color with this mod? It appears the blue template in the first post has it changed to red. Or would it be better to just try to locate and change that font color?

CyberAlien

It changes all entries of a color, but you just want to change 2 entries in css, so its easier to edit that in css

sharks

CyberAlien, instead of just moving the color slider to find the approximate color, is it possible to enter the HEX color code somewhere so that it would automatically adjust the color settings. I think it's a necessary attribute as it gives much more accuracy than just visual estimation. For example, i did custom themes for my SMF 1.1.x forums and also phpBB forum, but i want to upgrade all my forums to SMF 2.0 with default Curve theme, but i want to be able to shift the color codes as accurately as possible, by using the same HEX color codes to make the theme look as close as possible, despite obvious changes in appearance between other forum softwares or version relative to SMF 2.0 Gold. Could you implement a hex color code input box into your theme system? Thanks in advance.

Also, on this page: http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html
What is the function of the third color bar?? When i move the slider, i don't see any changes, so i'm wondering which part of the theme is affected.

CyberAlien

Click "match color" button, it does exactly that.

For third color look in bottom right of sample.

sharks

Quote from: CyberAlien on July 03, 2011, 09:09:07 AM
Click "match color" button, it does exactly that.

For third color look in bottom right of sample.

Dude, i have no idea what you mean. Seriously, you should make a screen-shot and then highlight the sections that you're referring to.
I am looking at this page: http://www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html
Where's that fabled "match color" button?? Where is the sample? It has become really confusing.

sharks

Thanks for the quick reply, CyberAlien. I have tried the "match color" feature and it's awesome! :)
But i still don't understand the function of the third color bar. When i move the slider on the latter, nothing happens in the preview.

CyberAlien

Its for small block at bottom right of screenshot. You can see it on this page at "jump to" section below this thread just above quick reply. It is close to white, so difference is hard to notice.

Advertisement: