News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Theme Color Editor

Started by CyberAlien, June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeeKira

I greatly appreciate the colorizer.  It not only makes it way easier to test out how colors will look together without going through files.

CyberAlien

You need to ask author of that style.

I only upload default styles for different forum packages. All other styles have been uploaded by ether authors of those styles or by third party styles website that has permission (or styles have licenses that do not require such permission) to distribute styles.

That editor was originally designed to work only with phpBB, so it is well known in phpBB community and phpBB section has 150+ styles. SMF and other forum/blog software packages have been added later and I didn't advertise much. That is why SMF section is almost empty... well... other than mysterious bug that affects only Curve theme.

CyberAlien

Quote from: timetraveller on January 09, 2012, 11:38:49 AM
Just realised what the graphic is for the left of author and again - when it needs to be "very hot topic" it doesn't show. So probably no change from before.
Over this weekend I've started logging all Curve downloads to figure out this bug (not private data, don't worry. only zip files and some debug information from parser that will help me find that bug). Out of about 20 downloads, not one had that problem with invalid gif files.

Please try downloading it again.

Jiveturkey

The only graphic that I've spotted as being missing the green online status gif that turns green when you're online.  The offline gif is fine.

CyberAlien

When did you download it, or what color scheme did you download (you can find it in colorizeit.html included in zip file)? I need that information to find your download among recently logged downloads, so I could check it.

All downloads in last few days have useron.gif and its correct, so this is strange.

Jiveturkey

Here's the scheme.

H67b8ea2M2h7fl00s00O|H6fd9604M1h4fH0ul28s25|H6f5f5f0M1H0fO

CyberAlien

Its not in recent logs, you've downloaded it before script update. Download style again

Jiveturkey

What's the easiest way for me to get it looking the same as my last download?  I can probably wing it but I'm hoping for a short cut. :)

Jiveturkey

Nevermind - I spotted the link in the HTML file.

CyberAlien

Found your download in log, all files are there and all gif images are correct. Yay, no errors :D

Jiveturkey

I just downloaded it again and that graphic still isn't showing up.  Is there another way for me to manually check for it somewhere?

CyberAlien

That's strange. I have exact copy of zip file that you've downloaded, all images in it are correct, including useron.gif
Please unpack it and check image before uploading it on server.

Jiveturkey

It's in there and it's in all of the previous versions I downloaded.  Weirdness.

CyberAlien

Aha, its a bug in SMF!

I've uploaded same zip file on forum via admin control panel, SMF messed up those images during upload. I'm not sure where to post bug reports, so if anyone could point me in right direction, I'll fill in bug report.

...and I've been chasing this bug for months, thinking its somewhere in my script. phew.

Jiveturkey

I'll keep an eye on this thread.  It's not a huge deal.

CyberAlien

Just upload style manually via ftp and it should fix problems. In the mean time I just need to figure out how to post bug report...

edit: never mind, noticed bug report forum. I was wondering why I couldn't post bug to bug tracker, now I know why.

Jiveturkey

I tried FTP'ing the files ontop of the existing install and the "on-line" gif still doesn't appear.

CyberAlien

It is caused by bug in SMF, here is a fix for it: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=465882.msg3254680#msg3254680
Apply that small change to php code, upload style again.

Jiveturkey

Worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help and for such a great tool.

Advertisement: