News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[error] after upgrade from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 final. [Strict Standards]

Started by Ryu Sawatari, June 21, 2011, 09:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryu Sawatari

Hello...

I'be getting those errors after made the upgrade, those kind of error wasn't there before.
Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/public_html/experience/forum/Sources/PersonalMessage.php on line 2181

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/public_html/experience/forum/Sources/Post.php on line 1259

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/public_html/experience/forum/Sources/Register.php on line 276

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/public_html/experience/forum/Sources/Search.php on line 898

As you can see, the error doesn't happens in all pages, it seems only on pages where you can write theres a error...

Any idea how to fix???
Regards...

TheListener

It would help if you went into each file and pasted the area of code which is causing the errors.

Ryu Sawatari

Thanks for answering, but it seems the error is related with a mod I've installed the Key Captcha...

In all files the error is the same with this line:
$kc_o = &new KeyCAPTCHA_CLASS( $modSettings['keycaptcha_private_key'] );

If you have any idea how to fix, I really appreciate it...
In any case, I've sent a support ticket for the creator of the MOD... ^^

Regards...

Antechinus

SMF 2.0 doctype: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

It's not validated to strict anyway. ;)

Advertisement: