News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

PHP Fatal error: Function name must be a string

Started by BenQ, June 21, 2011, 11:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenQ

Hmmm, no joy I'm afraid.
Still getting:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.42 Server at www.gspendragon.com Port 80

BenQ

Also just double checked the CHMOD settings for:

• attachments
  • Packages
  • Packages/installed.list
  • Smileys
  • Themes
  • Themes/default/languages/Install.english.php
  • agreement.txt
  • Settings.php
  • Settings_bak.php

Of these some were 755 instead of 777. The Install.english was 6?? Changed all to 777

Still no change.

Also tried after this uploading the upgrade*.php files and running that again. No joy. removed them again.

Illori

BenQ

I'll give that a try. Which ones specifically - all in the forum folder, or simply those listed above?

Illori

BenQ

Thanks.

All done (what a lot of files and folders - thank God for multiple select options!) I fear no change though...

Illori

have you contacted your host to have them take a look?

BenQ

BenQ

Request for the hosting company to look at it sent - but aware that this might take some time (I'm not the owner of the site and so don't have the passwords needed to go through the proper channels etc.) Any other advice in the meantime will be gratefully received!

Going to show my ignorance here (a newbie at forums/databases). I'm assuming the content of posts and lists of members are kept in php database files which are in a different location to the forum folder? Is it possible for me to copy the forum folder to my computer as a backup, delete the forum folder's contents on the server and then do a complete new installation of SMF in its place into that folder and then link it back to the original database? Might this possibly help?

BenQ

The hosting company restored the site to a backup the day before the site failed, and so in theory to a time before I upgraded the SMF to 2.0 and the subsequent attempt to update the Stop Spammer mod. I had hoped that this would do the trick but I'm still getting an error message; this time:

: Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'
/home/gspendra/public_html/roundtable/Sources/Load.php

I've attached the restored Load.php

When the hosting company informed me that they had restored the site, they too noted that there was still an error, but a different one than I'm getting. They got:

Database Error: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
File: /home/gspendra/public_html/roundtable/Sources/Load.php
Line: 739

Can anyone advise me as to what could be wrong now?

Illori

sounds like the upgrade did not get run on the database, confirm that your files are for 2.0 and run the upgrade script again

BenQ

Quote from: Illori on June 27, 2011, 05:36:39 AM
sounds like the upgrade did not get run on the database, confirm that your files are for 2.0 and run the upgrade script again

In theory the backup by the host should have taken the site back to how it was before I started on this whole process - don't understand why its not working! They were supposed to have restored a backup of the database and the site which would have reverted it to 1.x (whatever the latest version of 1 was). I take it you're suggesting I upload the large upgrade files for 2.0 and run upgrade.php again - I ask as I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'confirm your files are for 2.0'.

Thanks again for your help!

Illori

i am not familiar with the last error message, so i am unsure what file/version may cause it to show.

BenQ

Ok, I'll upload 2.0 upgrade and run the upgrade.php and see what happens, then report back

BenQ

Many thanks for all your help - that seems to have sorted out all the problems! Up and running again!

Advertisement: