News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

header size

Started by oldrow, June 21, 2011, 05:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrow

my url is smf.oldrow.net

is there any way to increase the size at the top so my header image fits better?  Thanks!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you're referring to the light area behind your logo, and the darker area that overlaps the bottom, it's actually the background image.  Don't know what they could have been thinking when they did that, but only way to make the light area higher and eliminate the overlap is to edit the image (/Themes/default/images/theme/main_block.png), or you can place your own banner on top of the forum header (done both, depends what you like).
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

b4pjoe

The easiest thing would be to reduce the image to fit better in the provided space. If you edit the image mentioned above you can get some unexpected results in the theme.

Antechinus

Here. Use this. FTP it into your Themes/default/images/theme folder.

oldrow

If I want to edit the current image to fit, what are the max dimensions that it could be in pixels?

Sir Osis of Liver

main_block.png is a multi-part image, which includes several different backgrounds for various parts of the forum.  The main header is at the bottom, and iirc the CSS just specifies the starting point, so you should be able to expand the top area to what you need.  Shouldn't affect anything else, since it's the last background in the image.  The colors are graded, so you'll have to tinker a bit to make it look right.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: