News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Maintenance Mode cant register or get rid of

Started by jolza, June 22, 2011, 06:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolza

Hey
I'm bit of a noob and i have while trying to register i get

Maintenance mode
okay faithful useres........we're attempting to restore an older backup of the database...mews will ne posted once we're back!

its always on
I have no idea wat i did or how to fix i went to maintenance with administrator but cant seem to find it

If you need to know i had SMF before and deleted off my server, i then tried using repair settings php that didnt work so i reinstalled SMF and it is now going again, i did however delete the repair settings php

and help would greatly appreciated

thanks

Joel

Illori

did you try disabling it in admin -> server settings?

jolza

i can get rid of wat it says where you said however theres still the maintenance icon and poeple cant register for the site it just shows the login when u hit the register button

Illori

admin -> features and options uncheck allow guests to browse the forum

or you will need to manually edit your settings.php file to turn off maintenance mode.

jolza

what do i change in settings php file

i think i want people to register to read posts or maybe i should make it easy and let guests view :S

thanks four your time

Illori

$maintenance = 0;      # Set to 1 to enable Maintenance Mode, 2 to make the forum untouchable. (you'll have to make it 0 again manually!)

jolza

wow thanks done that all works again, have to register to login in now, no longer in maintenance

saved me alot of time

thanks for your time n effort appreciated

:D:D

Advertisement: