slow/no login mambo and smf with latest mos/smf bridge

Started by solarflare, July 30, 2005, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarflare

Hello I did some searching and none of it seems to fit the issue i'm having with logging in to mambo/smf. I am running clark connect server (linux server distro) with mambo 4.5.2 and smf beta 1.0.5b? with the latest bridge from hxxp:mamboforge.net [nonactive] written by theodore. I am using the same db and everything seems to work fine logging in from internal lan. When i go through the nat layer in my dsl modem it sometimes works and other times hangs with page not loading.

I can still access other things like the mambo admin interface etc, but it seems to block my access to the main webpage for up to 10 minutes before i can access it again. I can immediately access again if i reboot the server or if i change my ip. (through my work proxy or not....) or if i use the other domain that points to the server from my machine w/o changing my ip. Deleting files or cookies doesn't have anything to do with resetting the "access" to the page. It seems that it will work for a bit and then when it fails it never works.

I also noticed that if i look in the address of the url its trying to get too after clicking login. It goes to index.php? also if i view source of the page it only lists some of the index.php code (about 1/2)

I never have a login issue through internal lan so i was thinking its the modem. I have ports 110 80 and ssl port 144? forwarded

Please help

solarflare

i did find a post on the mambo forums that talk about a proxy issue and session random id's. I did that fix, and now it seems to login and go to my unwrapped smf forum, but i can't get back to the mambo page. I did make another change and port forward ssh (22) I didn't want to forward this port, and don't know which of the 2 changes caused a change in the behavior. Oh i did chmod my tinymce folder (editor) to 777 instead of 755. I can login and post/browse forum ok but i have to logout to be able to get back to the main mambo homepage. Strange... I'm thinking still either my modem not port forwarding properly, or something to do with session cookie at this point.

solarflare

well i solved the problem. I turned off mambo cache and it works ok from external now. I did do a slew of changes to get it to where login would work, but turning off cache allows me to be logged in and display the homepage while logged in.

solarflare

i thought i solved the problem till i cleared my cookies and cache and now hanging login again.....

Advertisement: