Odd probelm after making a "news" post

Started by zioniz1, June 24, 2011, 10:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zioniz1

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /www/zxq.net/w/r/t/wrtsb/htdocs/forums/cache/data_d0f4b73f285c9be29cdd065ca9b0961a-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /www/zxq.net/w/r/t/wrtsb/htdocs/forums/cache/data_d0f4b73f285c9be29cdd065ca9b0961a-SMF-modSettings.php on line 1

From what I understand int he above error, there's a misplaced character and it's nuked my whole board, only problem? I've not done anything except do a news post then went to bed, and come back to see this ? what is this then ? and is there any help I can get ?

I look in the code of the above error, to reveal I have 439 colons, and I have no clue where the wrong one is

This is the file, I don't recall if I've changed anything, but when I look at it, my eyes want to bleed -.-

Illori

what happens if you delete all the files in your cache folder?

zioniz1

I delete them, they go away, the problem fixes itself for a moment, then on a page refresh, does it again. I think I might have solved it for now, by deleteing the news post I made entirely. I'm haivng too many problems with SMF >.<

Illori

maybe you should disable cache and see if that helps.

zioniz1

Well I deleted the cache files form FTP, and with the small window of uptime I got, I was able to go to cache clearing. Now wouldn't disable cache remove my user's saved passwords ?

Illori

Advertisement: