News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

html in the news section

Started by Pete Penguin, June 25, 2011, 10:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Penguin

I am having issues with html in the news since I upgraded to 2.0. I normally use a table. I thought it may just be a setting, similar to allowing html in posts, but I do not see one. So I added divide containers, thinking it needs separated, but still nothing but code displays. I have to be missing something simple, or we have a bug.

Thanks,
Dan

Spoogs

Pete Penguin

Thanks Spoogs. What happens though is that it loses the alignment.

Go to http://missourivalleyfootball.com

The first news is straight text (note the locations of the word "news". refresh and the second news line ...not the location of the word and the logo. I removed the height and width, still makes no difference. Maybe it is the template?

Dan

Spoogs

Are any of the images supposed to be a part of the new  such as the redbird and the valley?

Might be a template issue, check with the theme author.

Pete Penguin

Hard to say. I went back to the default, and it has the news to the right & underneath the word "news". So if that is normal, then I would say it is indeed a template issue. I added a plain text line if you want to see it.

Spoogs

The default was designed that way, not all themes such as the one I use doesnt do it the way the default does, mine is News: My news here.

Pete Penguin

okay, then I think we can go ahead an close this out ...assume it is template-related. Thanks again for your help. I think once the template selections increase for 2.0, I will be able to find a red and white template with news that works.

Thanks,
Dan

Advertisement: