"am" or "pm" doesn't get displayed.

Started by venex, June 25, 2011, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venex

Hello,

This issue is not new, since I started with my forum I've had this issue. In the configuration of the time i have this:

%d de %B de %Y, %I:%M %p ("de" is a Spanish word..."

As you can see I have "%p" which is supposed to be "am" or "pm" but for some reason that doesn't get displayed in the message, pm, or anything that involves giving the time in the forum.

Is this issue related to my host or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Robert.

Hello :)
Can you try creating a PHPinfo file and tell us what PHP version you are using?
What is a phpinfo() file?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

PHP only gives AM/PM to english languages, the non-english languages were fixed in 2.0 final to include a custom am/pm function for non-english languages.
What version of 2.0 are you using?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

venex

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on June 27, 2011, 12:53:16 AM
PHP only gives AM/PM to english languages, the non-english languages were fixed in 2.0 final to include a custom am/pm function for non-english languages.
What version of 2.0 are you using?
2.0 RC4. So, I'd have to upgrade to 2.0 to finally have the "am" and "pm"?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4720

! Languages which doesn't support 12 hour time format had their 'am/pm's stripped. (Subs.php)
& Added the language strings necessary for the above change. (index language file) Revision 10538

So, yes - I think you'd need to skip to Final (and update your language files too) to get that.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

venex

Awesome, thanks!

One last question now that this topic is open.

Do you guys know if there is/will be a fix for when you look a user's name to, lets say, give them moderator in one of the boards... u have to put his&her display name and sometimes (at least in my forum) a lot of them have weird names with weird characters... for example: м Φ я ₣, ★∂ισz★, ℓBυχтєєн  or 凸'へ'凸

So I have to change their names for a second to give them moderator or an award or anything like that and then change their names back. It's certainly a drag. 

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Could you explain that a bit further? What exactly is the issue that makes you need to edit their names?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

MrPhil

If you can cut and paste some of these UTF-8 character names (or select from a list), that's not too bad (provided you can find an example of it). However, if you need to type in the name from the keyboard, even Latin accented characters can be very difficult, much less non-Latin languages or special symbols.

I think there was a mod once (for 1.1.x) that restricted the character set for member names to ASCII characters.

venex

Nevermind! I think It got fixed in the 2.0 Gold. Thanks though :).

Mark as solved.

ZerK

the problem is solved now when we updated to 2.0 final, but even if u copied and pasted the name it didnt worked.

Advertisement: