I've tried to search this but...

Started by Sythy, June 26, 2011, 09:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sythy

I don't know if I'm wording this right or not. I want to change the name that my Forum is sending out that Display when Email's are sent to Users to let them know when the user account has been activated or when I send out a newsletter. Some how when I installed SMF on my site its pulling my name from the hosting site. When installing SMF never asked me for my First and last name.

mashby

Thanks for at least searching! :)
Try this:
Admin > Configuration > Server Settings
In the "Forum Title" field, put the name you would like to use for the title of your forum. That should affect the emails as well as the overall title of your site.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Sythy

Well I do have that set for my Forum name but as the Sender name above the Email address its showing up with my name.

mashby

Hmm...OK. Not sure where the name part is coming from. In that same Admin area, there is a setting for "Webmaster Email Address". You could change that to something like:
[email protected]
First, though, create that email address in your hosting's admin area and set up an email client to connect to it. I don't see anything in the admin area where your name comes into play. Might just be your email client knowing who you are.
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Sythy

well thats what it looks like it was the client software that knew my email address. I just found it odd it knew the name also for my Domain address which I never used.
Thanks again.

Advertisement: