News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Who has advertising on their site? (not adsense)

Started by mrpike, June 27, 2011, 12:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrpike

How did you go about contacting companies to put an ad on your site? How many said no? What company said yes? How big was your site when you decided to ask? Around how much did you ask for a month (if it isn't per click)?

ApplianceJunk

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but I will try to answer the questions anyway. Hope you find something helpful in my answers.

QuoteHow did you go about contacting companies to put an ad on your site?

We made contact with them through there affiliate programs.

QuoteHow many said no?

Many

QuoteWhat company said yes?

http://www.linkshare.com/ was the first for us. We work with AppliancePartsPros.com through there affiliate program at linkshare.

We now work direct with repairclinic.com with there 'in house' affiliate program and we still work with appliancepartspros through linkshare.

Both have been very good to us over the years.

Our site was about six months old when I got that first affiliate check in the mail. It was for just over $2.00, lol...

Things sure have changed from back then. We still work with the same companies, but we have a list of people that want us to place there ads on our site now. I feel to many ads distract from the content and can spoil the community.

Also if the ads are not related to the content they don't seem to do very well anyway.

If you look at our site you may only think you see google ads, but the search box for parts on the left and the parts links inside the text is what we are most successful in using to generate income.

What have you tried so far?

mrpike

I haven't tried anything yet (been working with adsense) but with my site I think that direct ads would work better for me and the company. Right now I'm concentrating on building my community more and then I think I will ask some sort of a company.

Here is my site:
www.hooksandfins.com/forum

Advertisement: