News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

500 Internal Server Error

Started by fd4all234, May 24, 2011, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fd4all234

Hello room,

Please help me .i cant login to my forum..frisahost.com/forum if i try login or to  register it would say 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

青山 素子

Did you try checking the server logs?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

kat

For what it's worth, the OP posted this, in another topic, which I've deleted.

Quote from: fd4all234 on May 24, 2011, 12:33:43 PM
Hello room,

Please help me .i cant login to my forum..frisahost.com/forum if i try login or to  register it would say Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Except, in that one, he said he was getting a 404 "Bad gateway" error.

Illori

i think that is because he posted in another thread, and i split it off not knowing there may have been yet another topic opened by the user.

kat

Ah.

Oh, well. All in one place, now. :)

praveenkv1988

The "Bad Gateway" comes when the there is a proxy configured between the webserver and user and there is an issue with the connection between proxy and webserver. Check for that. The proxy can be nginx, squid, varnish etc.

For the internal server error you should check your error log. You can also try to rename to .htaccess to something else and try that.
Happy Hosting [nofollow]
Managed Windows and Linux VPS [nofollow] with CPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin.
Managed Windows / Linux Dedicated Servers.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Hi fd4all234, please let us know if you are still having these issues.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: