News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do you change paths in MySQL dump?

Started by bluejay51, June 28, 2011, 08:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluejay51

I'm trying to relocate an SMF 2.0 (final) forum to an in-house server running a WAMP. I've transferred the files, done the MySQL dump (via phpMyAdmin), ran repair_settings, etc. Everything works just perfectly except for one problem. A lot of the paths to the old server are still located in my MySQL dump and there doesn't appear to be any way to edit these without breaking the formatting or causing corruption (and lots of errors).

Also, the Site was being hosted on a Linux server. The WAMP is on a Windows machine so I see a lot of what I call "little Unix boxes" (whatever they are called) in the dumps.

Any suggestions on how to deal with an issue like this?.

- Thanks, CSS
Community operated support group for people living with anxiety disorders.
http://www.anxietyzone.com

busterone

Repair_settings.php should have taken care of the absolute path and the forum url. It does not take care of any additional themes however. If you have any themes installed besides the default, you will need to go to admin-configuration-themes and layout-theme settings. Look at the bottom of the list of themes for the button- attempt to reset all themes.  Certain modifications also have their own settings for path and urls in the admin control panel as well, such as the arcade mods, and a few others.  If you have any of those mods installed, they must be manually changed in their respective settings page. 

bluejay51

Hey, thanks for the reply :D

Well, I've already done all of the things you mention. I did reset all of the themes (I'm using the default) and I've gone into the various config files and changed the paths, etc.

The issue I'm having involves the paths in the SQL database dumps left over from the old server. For example, one of the paths on my old server was "home/public/sources". I want to change this path (in my DB dump) to "wamp/bluejay/sources".

How do I do that?.

- Many thanks, CSS

Quote from: busterone on June 28, 2011, 08:48:59 PM
Repair_settings.php should have taken care of the absolute path and the forum url. It does not take care of any additional themes however. If you have any themes installed besides the default, you will need to go to admin-configuration-themes and layout-theme settings. Look at the bottom of the list of themes for the button- attempt to reset all themes.  Certain modifications also have their own settings for path and urls in the admin control panel as well, such as the arcade mods, and a few others.  If you have any of those mods installed, they must be manually changed in their respective settings page.

busterone

ok, i get you now.
Use a txt code editor such as notepad++   Don't use windows notepad, wordpad, or ms word.  They add formatting that will corrupt the database dump
open the dumpfile and find the code you want to edit.  change the path and save the file.

bluejay51

Just downloaded Notepad++. Wow, were has this thing been all my life?. Really looks good...nice clean, neatly formatted code so that everything just makes sense. Thanks again for your help!.

Advertisement: