News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

50 Post Based Groups

Started by IDunc, June 29, 2011, 11:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDunc

I have 50 post based groups and would love to know what you guys think is a good post count for each level. I'm having trouble thinking of intervals, so please help!

Post like this:
1 - X posts
2 - X posts
3 - Xposts
ETC

I know it's tedious going all the way up to 50, but I would really appreciate some ideas here. I don't care what the max post count is, as long as it's not some ridiculous number.

marielle

We have fewer groups, but I can tell you why we settled on our numbers:

-     Newbie   0/10    (* star at 10 posts)
  -     Rookie   25   
  -     Beginner   50    **
  -     Discoverer   100   
  -     Clublid   200    ***
  -     Topper   350   
  -     Master   500    ****
  -     Expert   750   
  -     Forum furniture   1000   *****
  -     Addict   1250   
  -     Honorary member   2500 ******

The first couple of levels should be easy to attain, in order to stimulate people to become active members. Besides that, new members at our forum cannot be as active as the regulars because they cannot yet access the private forums.
At about 200 posts, members typically have joined the inner circle, and can be expected to post a bit more. To keep the higher levels special, the interval increases there (and people who already have >500 posts don't really need the motivational stars anymore, so the ranks become a reward to honour our most active members). If we'd add more levels, it would probably be at 1750, 2250 (steps of 500), then 3250, 4250, 6250, 8250, 10.000 (because it's a special number), 13k, 16k, 20k, etc.

Advertisement: