News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

why move from phpbb to smf?

Started by hkirsman, June 30, 2011, 03:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy99

I've been using PHPBB2 for a long time and migrated my forums to PHPBB3 quite some time ago and I quite like it. In my opinion, it is very usable, nicely customizable, has a lot of cool addons and good community support. I especially like the advanced captchas. I haven't had a single spam bot with them.

I can't comment on SMF. I am a frequent user of PunBB forums though and they are quite fast as well. I can't comment on them from an administrative point of view.

Biology Forums

Reading SMF code is very easy, making it far more usable and simple to learn. Put it this way, I knew nothing about coding until I started using SMF ::)

vbgamer45

Quote from: shuban on November 28, 2011, 05:26:55 PM
Reading SMF code is very easy, making it far more usable and simple to learn. Put it this way, I knew nothing about coding until I started using SMF ::)
+1 on that easy to modify easy to code in.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

sambling

There are a few areas at which PHPBB excels but for 90% of forum stuff SMF is way better.
www.forumhoopla.com Forum Promotion

Biology Forums

Quote from: sambling on November 28, 2011, 09:51:06 PM
There are a few areas at which PHPBB excels but for 90% of forum stuff SMF is way better.

Could you explain which part? I've always learned that with coding, you can practically do anything you tell the software to do.

sambling

www.forumhoopla.com Forum Promotion

Advertisement: