bandwidth problem

Started by aquascape, June 30, 2011, 08:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquascape

in the deny list there are

"ip address/numbers" in all the list.
if I want to add the "188.143.232.120" to the list can I add it like this
deny from 188.143.232.120 without any "/xxx" follow the IP? because I dont know what is the meaning of the number and what number I have to use in there.

青山 素子

The / and number are for groups of IPs. Specifically, it's a subnet mask. You don't need to provide one if it's just a single IP.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

aquascape

I still have a message of exceeding 80% of monthly bandwidth so that means end of this month I cant browse my forum again. How can I prevent overused of the bandwidth by unknown problem???
This is the message
QuoteThe domain aaaaa.com has reached 80% of its bandwidth limit (5127.60/6000.00 Megs).

!! Do not respond to this message. Your reply will go nowhere. !!

Pls help 

青山 素子

You'll need to determine where the bandwidth is being used before you can try to figure out how to fix it.

Your host should be able to provide more detailed statistics for where bandwidth is being used.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

aquascape

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 18, 2011, 11:15:22 PM
You'll need to determine where the bandwidth is being used before you can try to figure out how to fix it.
Your host should be able to provide more detailed statistics for where bandwidth is being used.
I can check in awstat and already add the ip but it still happen
now I cant access my cpanel  :-[

http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com.au/cpanel
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

aquascape

LiroyvH

You can access your cPanel by visiting /cpanel or add :2082 at the end of the URL to your website. (like http://yourdomain.com:2082/)

Adding the IP to the cPanel IP Deny Manager should fix, *however*, spammers and bots rarely stay on one single IP...
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

aquascape

Quote from: CoreISP on July 20, 2011, 12:56:26 PM
You can access your cPanel by visiting /cpanel or add :2082 at the end of the URL to your website. (like http://yourdomain.com:2082/)

Adding the IP to the cPanel IP Deny Manager should fix, *however*, spammers and bots rarely stay on one single IP...
cPanel IP Deny Manager so this one is different from htaccess???

LiroyvH

Hmm... No it basically works pretty much in the same way though cpanel manager makes sure it bans from the entire account.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

aquascape

Now I cant access to my forum. I have to wait until next month. What can I do to restore the forum ASAP if I dont want to contact the host?
How can I check that the IP is the one I should block? Only the high numbers of bandwidth used?? 

Illori

you can do nothing if it is your host that has locked it down for over bandwidth, you need to talk to them to get the access back for this month.

aquascape

I deleted my other smf under my domain name which seems to received excessive strange traffic, and increase my bandwidth. but I found abnormal guest viewing and trying to register the forum. How to block this which I think this is the cause of bandwidth problem and the problem will happen again.    see my attached pic

aquascape

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 13, 2011, 10:35:51 AM
The / and number are for groups of IPs. Specifically, it's a subnet mask. You don't need to provide one if it's just a single IP.
How can I add to deny all IP ranges ?
or any other setting to deny these IPs?

青山 素子

Quote from: aquascape on July 26, 2011, 08:03:05 AM
How can I add to deny all IP ranges ?

I don't know why you'd want to ban all IPs, but the mask notation is 0/32. The range is 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255.

Quote from: aquascape on July 26, 2011, 08:03:05 AM
or any other setting to deny these IPs?

Setting?
Motoko-chan

aquascape

i means only bad IPs and the smf setting or mod that protect the forum from these problems.

青山 素子

There is no way in core SMF to automatically ban IPs. That would lead to many problems.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: