News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

RC2.4 to 2.0 Upgrade Mods Not Uninstalled

Started by joey791, June 30, 2011, 02:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey791

I had someone upgrade our forum and our mods were not uninstalled before the upgrade.

Now I have about 20 mods that I have no clue what to do with because if I load the package it says the mod is already installed but it isn't, any help is appreciated.

Illori

did the person that did your upgrade run the upgrade.php script?

Illori

the upgrade script should mark all packages installed to uninstalled, so they can be reinstalled. you could try to truncate the smf_log_packages table in the database that should allow you to reinstall your mods.

joey791

How would I do that

and I'm not that good, and I dont want to screw my forum up, is there another way?

Illori

you could try to uninstall the mod and ignore the errors that show up, but do a file backup first just in case something strange happens.

otherwise log into phpmyadmin and in the sql tab for your database run truncate smf_log_packages; given that your table prefix is smf_

joey791

Ok, I will look at it when I get home later this evening and probably be back with more questions, thanks.

joey791

Not sure if it makes a difference but we are using a custom theme also

joey791

Ok also here is some pics of my mod lists

I know for sure all the folders and files for Tapatalk are still showing in Cpanel for Tapatalk at least, so it doesn't look like they were really uninstalled at all?

Illori

just because the files exist does not mean the mod was not uninstalled. most mods modify the code in some way and that code is uninstalled.

joey791

So you still say that I should run that truncate?

Do I need to run it from localhost or the forum database?

Illori

you run it in phpmyadmin or whatever your host has provided to you to manage your database.

joey791

Quote from: Illori on July 01, 2011, 07:53:30 AM
you run it in phpmyadmin or whatever your host has provided to you to manage your database.

Right but in Phpmyadmin you can drill down it starts at localhost then your can choose which database, so do you have to drill down to your database and do it there in phpmyadmin or do you do it from localhost in phpmyadmin. I'm at work, guess I should have took a screenshot last nite :(

Illori

you need to select your database that your forum is installed in first.

Advertisement: