News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Strict Standards: require() error

Started by Nikhil P Naik, July 01, 2011, 01:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikhil P Naik

i get the following error frequently!!

Strict Standards: require() [function.require]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/freeforu/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2788

Warning: require(/home/freeforu/public_html/cache/data_734b3f20f8d1e7dcecc3028a465f95e9-SMF-modSettings.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/freeforu/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2788

Strict Standards: require() [function.require]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead in /home/freeforu/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2788

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/freeforu/public_html/cache/data_734b3f20f8d1e7dcecc3028a465f95e9-SMF-modSettings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/freeforu/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 2788

that is while making changes in the forum.. while adding content to the forum... and when user on my site try to register...

plz help!!  i have attached the load.php file!

Nikhil P Naik

SA™

could be wrong but it trying to find the cachedir in

server settings>Database and Paths>Cache Directory

is that correct?

you could also try running repair_settings.php to see if that helps
What is repair_settings.php?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Nikhil P Naik

yes you are absolutely right.. what should i do gng to cache?

SA™

i dont understand this

Quotewhat should i do gng to cache?

you could just run reapair_settings.php to try and fix it

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Robert.

MrPhil

Fix the timezone issue first, by putting a date.timezone entry in your php.ini file (that's the easiest fix). Report back if that fixes both issues or just the timezone warning. Were you originally installed on a PHP 4 system? If so, when it was upgraded to PHP 5.3, it was lacking a database settings entry for the default timezone string.

Hey developers -- how about something to detect that you're at PHP 5.3+ but have no default timezone name, and to prompt the administrator to fix it? SMF already gets the timezone name on each page, and should know the PHP major and minor version.

You shouldn't normally have to do anything to deal with cache issues -- those problems should be handled by your host or by SMF developers, depending on who (PHP or SMF) is actually handling this cache and reporting the problem.

Nikhil P Naik

i do not have access to php.ini!!   :( :(

so what else can i do

Illori

Advertisement: