Audible PM v1.0

Started by Bigguy, September 07, 2006, 07:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

I am going to update this mod very soon. Sorry you had problems.

Bigguy

Audible Pm has been updated and has been tested for functionality, install and uninstall. It's still beta cause it should be tested first but this version should install on any theme as there are no theme edits at all. (Thanks Labradoodle-360) You can try the beta out here:

click

and if there are no complaints I will upload it to the mod site after that.

MotRude

Installs and works good..would be great if i could add my own mail message.

Bigguy

You can. All you have to do is change one line of code and upload a new file. I have not gotten around to an admin panel for that. Also, I just updated the package again. I will update the download on my site now.

Bigguy

It should be updated now. The updated package has a redirect back to the forum, the old one doesn't.

DSystem

Installed the latest version of this mod and still have a problem.

The first PM I get works perfectly. Then on the next PMs audio no longer works.

Can you help me? If necessary have a test account on the Forum to provide.

Bigguy

Is it the reply you do not get a noise on or new PM's coming in. This mod also uses sessions so that could be it as well.

Costner

same issue, 1st pm received plays the audio, but no other pms received after that play audio, nor does it play audio if you dont read the pm and go to another page

Bigguy

Ok, I will take another look at it. Would you all like it if it went off on each page load. ??

DSystem

I would like disparace to each page update until the user read the PM.

Costner

if that could be made an option great, but if another pm is received it should play the audio anyway.

I appreciate the work !

Bigguy

I'll see what I can do. A bit busy right now with other more serious things. I will get to it though. ;)

Bigguy

I was just playin around and made a few changes to this mod so it would install on 2.1. It does, so I uploaded it to the mod site. Audible PM now works with 2.1 beta 3/4. I have not tested it for 2.0.15 or anything so I am not sure it works for that version of SMF. For some reason I doubt it, lol. Anyway....there are no admin options to set. All it does is play a "You've got mail" sound when a PM comes in. It still uses sessions so there should be no looping or anything of it playing like it used to.

Advertisement: