News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Latest SMF news can't be gathered from the SMF Site?

Started by Lum-chan, July 01, 2011, 08:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lum-chan

Since I upgraded to SMF 2.0 Final with TP 1.0RC2, the forum can't get any news updates from the SMF Website. This goes for the following sections:

action=admin -> Live from Simple Machines... -> You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.
action=admin -> Support Information -> Current SMF version: ??
action=admin;area=maintain;sa=routine;activity=version -> Detailed Version check -> no extra information on file-versions
action=moderate -> Simple Machines Latest News -> You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file.
action=admin;area=packages -> Latest Packages -> Attempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org...
action=admin;area=languages;sa=add -> Add Language -> The Simple Machines site is not responding. Please try again later.
action=admin;area=theme;sa=admin -> Latest and Greatest Themes -> Fetching latest themes from www.simplemachines.org...

Maybe this happens on more sections on the forum. This didn't happen on SMF 1.1.11 with TP 1.0RC1.2
I have two websites on the same web-hoster with different domain-names and both show the same 'problem'.

The above is occurring with both Mozilla Firefox 3.6.17 and Internet Explorer 8.0.x

Is this a setting which has to be changed or did I screw-up the installation/upgrade on both sites?
Lum-chan

Kermit

Any error logs regarding this issue ?

You can try to activate some scheduled tasks,it might help

AdminCP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Fetch Simple Machines Files

you can try to run this task
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Lum-chan

Sorry, no errors at all regarding this issue in de Errorlog. I'll try your suggestion and will report back.

[edit]
Tried your suggestion but to no avail. The problem still remains. No other people/forums have this problem? Tried several search options last night and read all the bugtracks, support boards back to April 2011 but as far as I could see there's no one with similar problems? Checked the boards for TinyPortal too, nothing there, sadly. That's why I posted it as a bug, but it got moved overhere.

Oh, before I forget; I'm running these mods:
1.    SMF Gallery Lite    3.0.4
2.    Random News Fader    1.0
3.    YouTube BBCode    2.6
4.    reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.8a
5.    Enhanced PM Popup    1.0.1
6.    Extended Help    1.0
7.    Highslide 4 SMF    0.7a
8.    Internal_Links_Use_Same_Window    1.2
9.    SMF Staff Page    1.7
10.    Spoiler Tag    0.7.2a
11.    SMF Links    2.3
12.    AvatarSelect    1.2.1
13.    Default Avatar    2.1
14.    TinyPortal    1.104
15.    Tapatalk SMF Plugin    1.0.2
16.    Nico Embed BBCode    1.0.3
17.    PM Sent Notification    1.0.5
18.    Treasury    2.10
19.    Users Online Today    2.0 RC1

Any other suggestions?
[/edit]
Lum-chan

Lum-chan

Lum-chan

Kermit

Maybe that mod with news fader can cause problem,but me is not sure and without any errors it's hard to tell what could be your problem
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Lum-chan

I tried with a fresh install of SMF 2.0 Final only and no mods installed. Exactly the same happens. Used a fresh DB and NO mods have been installed. odd...

But I'll try again and will check the errorlogs or any other form of errorlists available whithin SMF.

[edit]
No errors in logfile until now. I'll recheck later again
[/edit]

[edit2]
Did a clean instal into the same database with a different prefix of SMF 1.1.14. Now the news is working for 1.1.14 and it works like a charm! Might look like some kind of bug for 2.0 Final, maybe in combination with my hosting-provider, Strato AG in Germany?
[/edit2]

[edit3]
Got these messages after installing SMF 2.0 Final
http://dev.lum-chan.com/forum/index.php?scheduled=task;ts=0
Could not retrieve the file http://www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=SMF+2.0.
http://dev.lum-chan.com/forum/index.php?step=4&substep=0&data=YTo2OntzOjc6ImN1cnN0ZXAiO2k6NDtzOjQ6ImxhbmciO3M6NzoiZW5nbGlzaCI7czozOiJyaWQiO2k6MjI1NTtzOjQ6InBhc3MiO2k6NTI3Mzc7czo1OiJkZWJ1ZyI7aTowO3M6MjoianMiO2k6MTt9&ssi=1
Could not retrieve the file http://www.simplemachines.org/smf/current-version.js?version=2.0.
The most odd thing is this. This message appears only once. After your clear the errorlog, this message will not reappear.
[/edit3]
Lum-chan

Kermit

I found some search results about this issue

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=291433.msg1919445#msg1919445

Btw. did you try it with different browser,like chrome for example ?

As last i could suggest you to contact your hosting provider
My Mods

A. Einstein

Lum-chan

I tried with Firefox 3.6.16 (?), Firefox 4.0, firefox 5.01, Interneet Explorer 6.x to 8.x. They all show the same message/problem. I installed a testcopy on another ISP and there's no problem. So it might be a provider problem. I check the thread and it seems to have to do with some disabled options in PHP.ini on the hosting. It's a shared one (STRATO AG Germany) but it might be a problem with all those automatig thingies in SMF2.0.

I'll check this

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

for disable functions and report back here.
Lum-chan

Advertisement: