Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

What mod is this?

Started by o.o, July 02, 2011, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.o

Spoogs

That is not a mod
Go to... Admin>> Configuration>> Themes and Layout>> Theme Settings... in each theme you have installed check the box for 'Show group key on board index:'

o.o

Quote from: Spoogs on July 02, 2011, 12:24:36 AM
That is not a mod
Go to... Admin>> Configuration>> Themes and Layout>> Theme Settings... in each theme you have installed check the box for 'Show group key on board index:'

hmm i don't have a check box for that O_O

Spoogs

It is in at least the SMF default theme (Curve), but most themes I have seen also have it.

o.o

yea, i've tried setting it to curve and going to theme options. This is what i get: 

Spoogs

Ok now click on the name of the theme you want to edit

o.o

oh... duh :P

Well, i have the Users Logged On Today mod, and its showing the group keys for both Users logged on today and Users Online, and its kinda annoying lol. Anway to get rid of one of them? thanks for all the help :)

Spoogs

Only way is to either remove the online today mod or disable the feature you just enabled.

You're welcome :)

o.o

aww, no way to remove it on just one of them  :'( lol

Spoogs

I don't know, I never used that mod before

Does it show the group names or just the names of the members of your site?

I would think it just shows the user that were online today, then the other list shows the users that are online now.

o.o

maybe a screen shot will help :)

Spoogs

Ok I see what you mean, the mod for some reason duplicated the code which one do you want to remove?

Herman's Mixen

That is not a mod

That's not where you set it in a normal way you should set it in... Admin --> Current Theme --> Show group key on board index ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

o.o

Quote from: Spoogs on July 02, 2011, 02:02:33 AM
Ok I see what you mean, the mod for some reason duplicated the code which one do you want to remove?

I want to remove The one under Users Online :) Also is it possible to somehow put a few breaks between the usernames in the users logged on today and the membergroups? :D

Spoogs

Quote from: The Burglar! on July 02, 2011, 02:07:36 AM
That is not a mod

That's not where you set it in a normal way you should set it in... Admin --> Current Theme --> Show group key on board index ;)

That is if you you are only setting it in 1 theme... I never assume anyone is only using 1 theme.

Herman's Mixen

Works in all themes not only for th=1 ;)

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Spoogs

Quote from: o.o on July 02, 2011, 02:09:45 AM
Quote from: Spoogs on July 02, 2011, 02:02:33 AM

I want to remove The one under Users Online :) Also is it possible to somehow put a few breaks between the usernames in the users logged on today and the membergroups? :D
If you are comfortable modifying your files then open your BoardIndex.template.php located in your theme's directory, find and remove the 2nd instance of the following code

// Showing membergroups?
if (!empty($settings['show_group_key']) && !empty($context['membergroups']))
echo
'<br />[' . implode(']&nbsp;&nbsp;[', $context['membergroups']) . ']';

If you're not comfortable modifying the file then you can attach it and I'll help you.

Spoogs

Quote from: The Burglar! on July 02, 2011, 02:13:25 AM
Works in all themes not only for th=1 ;)
Fair enough, however whenever I make those changes I have to do it in all of them (just tested the same and it only change n the current theme opposed to all installed themes)

o.o

hmm okay, that worked. so how do i put a break between the names and the groups? i tried putting a <br> but that didn't work :-\

Herman's Mixen

That's true.. If it needs to apear in all themes then you need to do it manualy, but in most cases Curent theme setting wil do the trick.

Advertisement: