Housekeeping the auto backups

Started by Farjo, July 02, 2011, 02:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farjo

Hi, Now that we are stable on 2.0 I want to delete most (all?) of these files.

However I am not sure if they may be referenced in the future or if they were only created in case an upgrade / install didn't work and we wanted a quick restore.

The backups are:
SQL tables beginning backup_smf_
Packages/backups - can I delete everything or do I have to keep the latest files for uninstalling?
Themes directories that I installed then uninstalled (not strictly a backup, more clutter!)

Like I say we are stable on 2.0 and I have more recent backups and a test copy, so I do not need these backups unless they may be referenced by SMF in the future.

Herman's Mixen

you can delete the backup_smf tables out of your DB.

package/backups you will need till you un-install one of those named backup-mods.
Themes you wont use you can delete except default theme

Optimize your DB ;)
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

Farjo

Thanks for the reply. I have optimised the database :) and will delete the db tables and theme directories.

I assume then that I can delete all the mod backup files except that latest one for each mod?

Illori

yes you can remove the backup files from mod installs, as long as you dont need them all of them can safely be removed.

Farjo

Advertisement: