News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WYSIWYG by Default

Started by LinuX11, July 03, 2011, 12:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinuX11

I want to set my SMF 2.0 forum to have the WYSIWYG post editor as the default for new users. I already enabled it in the admin panel, and on my own profile settings. I have searched through the site for a while but have not found anything yet.

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Change current options for all members using this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

LinuX11

Quote from: Krash. on July 03, 2011, 01:13:47 AM

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Change current options for all members using this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not adjusted to the change from MyBB to SMF yet :P

IchBin™

I don't think that changes the option for those that register after you have set it. The default is to be off. But you can just run that setting every once in a while to change all. You'd have to modify the registration code to add such a default. I'm not sure what it would be ATM.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Illori

that will change it for existing users Ich, it does not change it for new members though. there is an option to change it for new users though.

Sir Osis of Liver

That would be -

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Configure guest and new user options for this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

You'd have to do both to affect all new and old members, and guests.

- R. Waters

IchBin™

Quote from: Illori on July 03, 2011, 06:10:28 AM
that will change it for existing users Ich, it does not change it for new members though. there is an option to change it for new users though.

Sorry Illori you confuzzled me there a little. I did say the change would only work on users who were currently registered. Your last sentence says there "is" an option for new users? I'm not aware of this option. Where is it?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Krash. on July 03, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

Admin -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Configure guest and new user options for this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

- R. Waters

IchBin™

Derrr thank you. lol I never saw the option when I looked. Glossed right over it... Thanks!

legaziofunk

Quote from: Krash. on July 03, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

This path seems to be outdated for SMF 2.0.15.

Where can the admin globally set the "Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default." for all members with one click - instead of going into every single profile?

Thanx!
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on July 03, 2011, 01:13:47 AM

But you really do not want to do that, trust me. Not a good idea.
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Illori

the WYSIWYG editor does not work that well, you will cause more headaches then it is worth if you do enable it.

also that path has not changed.

Shambles

Quote from: legaziofunk
Quote from: Krash

This path seems to be outdated for SMF 2.0.15.

Ok, so there's just one level missing in that quote::

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Configure guest and new user options for this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

Jailer

Quote from: Illori on June 12, 2018, 05:52:48 AM
the WYSIWYG editor does not work that well, you will cause more headaches then it is worth if you do enable it.

This.

Just don't do it, you'll regret it if you do.

legaziofunk

Quote from: Shambles on June 12, 2018, 06:05:28 AM

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options -> Configure guest and new user options for this theme  -> Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default.

Maybe, I'm dumb as F*@k, but I still can't find this path correct.

"Member Options" does not show up (not in the German Version).
And after clikcing on the theme Name, there's nop check box that even shows WYSIWYG...

I'm lost.... Sorry...

And for the warnings: what's so crappy about it?

Until now, I had no real troublesome issues... :-)
*I am a NEWBIE* Stats as of Dec. 2019
SMF: 2.0.15
Language: GERMAN UTF-8 by default for every user
Theme: CoreTheme
PHP: 7.2
MySQL Version: 5.6.45-86.1-log

Kindred

The 2.0 wysiwyg was built from scratch and, as such has a number of issues when used in the real world.  It is seriously not recommended to use it...   the issues are not severe enough for us to rewrite 2.0 to remove it— but we did just that in 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Chalky

Quote from: legaziofunk on July 05, 2018, 05:55:56 AM
Quote from: Shambles on June 12, 2018, 06:05:28 AM

Maybe, I'm dumb as F*@k, but I still can't find this path correct.

"Member Options" does not show up (not in the German Version).
And after clikcing on the theme Name, there's nop check box that even shows WYSIWYG...

I'm lost.... Sorry...

Try appending ?action=admin;area=theme;sa=reset onto your forum URL, after the index.php, so you'll get something like:

myforum.com/index.php?action=admin;area=theme;sa=reset

This will take you straight to the Member Options page.

Advertisement: