A Store/Mall

Started by olger901, January 04, 2004, 07:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olger901

Hello all,
Ik got a kind of a weird feature request, but I would love to see this in SMF. A kind of a Store/Mall where you can buy useless items, (made up by yourself) but also usefull items for example the ability to buy the ability to remove or lock a post, or to let users change their username or to let them upgrade to a certain group (which the admin would limit then ofcourse) etc.
I mean a kind of like the IBshop/IBstore idea, workin with like if you place a post you get x credits and with those credits you can buy those goodies, name change etc.

MrCue

I would like to see this also, I would like them to be able to purchase star ships to place as avatars/sigs.

But i Hear somebody screaming MOD.
I am neither a Pessimist nor an Optimist, Just a Realist.

Eve-Online Forum | View Latest Eve-Online Kills | Site Map | SMF Installation

[Unknown]

I have already been planning to write an itemshop mod.

-[Unknown]

olger901

Will the mod be difficult to apply, because I hate MODS like the ones for Invisionboard, where you have to add the PHP code manually.
Because I don't know why, no matter how carefull I am there is always something that goes wrong when editing the PHP code :(

Tyris

Most mods for SMf (to my knowledge) will use a 'boardmod' type function... ie: upload the mod file... and run it thru your admin panel and it will install itself..
I believe someone ([Unknown] ?) mentioned something about a new 'xml'ish format for the mods... but regardless, it should be 'coding' free as it were..

Tomer

Yeah thats much cooler but also the old manual yabb se way works...:)

IcyGeddon

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 04, 2004, 07:37:30 PM
I have already been planning to write an itemshop mod.

-[Unknown]

You own.  :D This is something that would make the projects at WS be 10X better.

Advertisement: