News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Should I user Aeva to manage files or is there another way?

Started by Wilo, July 04, 2011, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilo

Hi,

I'm about to go live with a new forum which uses Aeva Media as a file manager.  It's permissions, customisable fields and catagorisation abilities are great for what I want but i'm concerned it will not be updated (see below) and I should use a different mod to manage files.

Can anyone recommed a way of managing files other than attachments per boards?

Many thanks,

April 28, 2011 final update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated Aeva Media with the final changes.   It will no longer be updated for the SMF platform, but it still works great, so do as you wish. I'm not your mommy. Aeva Lite hasn't been updated for the new Youtu.be URL format. Feel free to download AeMe, not install it, and copy the Subs-Aeva-Sites.php file to your forum's Sources folder. The automatic sitelist processes for both Aeva Lite and Aeva Media are terminated. If a website stops working -- not my fault. Ask the SMF team to fix it for you. I think I'm done. It's been an... interesting 3 years working on the Aeva series. It can now be put to rest.

June 18, 2011 notice --
Now that SMF 2.0 is out, Wedge should follow suit soon. And as soon as Wedge is released, I'm planning to permanently delete Aeva Media from simplemachines.org (Aeva Lite will remain online). I'm undecided about keeping a copy online at aeva.noisen.com. At any rate, if you're a heavy user, MAKE SURE to keep a copy of the AeMe package file, if only to be able to reinstall it in the future.

Illori

you could look into the downloads system, it may do what you want.

Advertisement: