News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

at the top of my page

Started by Grim Line, July 05, 2011, 08:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Line

I have these symbols right at the top of my page when i'm on a thread "" it's quite annoying. The posts looks like the text is larger than before aswell.

I have only one mod installed and that is SimplePortal.

Version: 2.0
Theme: Noize

MC73

Is the problem there in default curve ? or just in the noize theme ?
Over 1100 Online Flash Games 

Illori

if you search for  you will find that it is an encoding problem and your file need to be saved as UTF-8 without BOM and it should go away.

Grim Line

Quote from: MC73 on July 05, 2011, 09:12:48 AM
Is the problem there in default curve ? or just in the noize theme ?

Can't even change the theme from the noize one for some reason :\

ARG01

Quote from: Nick; on July 05, 2011, 10:21:15 AM

Can't even change the theme from the noize one for some reason :\

I am sure there is a way to change themes.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Grim Line

I change it and the theme stays the same.

Illori

if you use a decent text editor like notepad++ you can open the file in it and save it as utf-8 without BOM and it should fix the issue. it is not related to if you can use the default theme or not. start with each file in the folder for your theme resave them and upload back to your server. most likely an issue with the index.template.php file.

SlammedDime

What is file_check.php?

Run that file, look for the one(s) that say they have UTF-8 BOM.  Then edit with Notepad++ and change the encoding to UTF-8 without BOM and save.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Grim Line

Quote from: SlammedDime on July 05, 2011, 12:51:36 PM
What is file_check.php?

Run that file, look for the one(s) that say they have UTF-8 BOM.  Then edit with Notepad++ and change the encoding to UTF-8 without BOM and save.

Thanks worked a treat <3

Advertisement: