News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Content Slider v.1.1

Started by Mick., July 05, 2011, 05:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roobyroo

Mick.

Quote from: roobyroo on August 08, 2011, 05:11:51 PM
exact same thing.
You may be missing something. Use the parser anc make sure all files are included and edits. Including in your custom theme.
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2972

roobyroo

i will say,that hasn't worked as well.i have tried it.

edit 1 : i even tried with just the tinyportal instead simple portal.

edit 2 : thought i would retry using the parser and i do not have this ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php file in the ftp.

this now is the problem ?.

i cant understand how it wouldnt be there as the install of smf_2-0_install and SimplePortal_2.3.3.tar went without any errors,i have looked in both the smf and sp .rar .tar its not there aswell.

i would i now go about this.

once again thankyou for your speedy replies.

edit 3 : installed english-utf8 through the website with all edits to files still not working,installed without the edits like the first time i had it running,didnt work.

this now leaves me to believe that its our host.
Apache version    2.2.17 [ am sure this was a different version 2 weeks ago ]
PHP version    5.2.17 [ am sure this was a different version 2 weeks ago ]
MySQL version    5.0.92  [ am sure this was a different version 2 weeks ago ]
Operating system    linux
Perl version    5.8.8 [ am sure this was a different version 2 weeks ago ]

could this be the culprit i wounder.if so why would they change ?.

thecoo1est

hey thanks for the help guiding me to the right place for setting it to a percentage, I did figure out the width for pictures finally also so it all looks great in widescreen and fullscreen now while in a center portal. I have one more minor question, I noticed that the title text in the first 3 slots has a line break or padding on the top, but on slots 4-6 the text doesnt have a line break or padding at the top, anyway to fix that? Right now I use a <br> before the text in the titles 4-6 and it seems to work, just curious if i could perm fix, thanks.

roobyroo

well with a lot of messing about and fiddling,i have now managed to get it working at last. (i have no idea how i managed it,and could not explain lol)

just now need to add more content to it.your thoughts and comments welcome.

hxxp:www.taticalknights.co.uk/index.php [nonactive]

oldrow

Does it play nice with a chat box on the front page?

Mick.

Quote from: thecoo1est on August 10, 2011, 09:25:10 PM
hey thanks for the help guiding me to the right place for setting it to a percentage, I did figure out the width for pictures finally also so it all looks great in widescreen and fullscreen now while in a center portal. I have one more minor question, I noticed that the title text in the first 3 slots has a line break or padding on the top, but on slots 4-6 the text doesnt have a line break or padding at the top, anyway to fix that? Right now I use a <br> before the text in the titles 4-6 and it seems to work, just curious if i could perm fix, thanks.

Do you mind posting what changes you did for others to read?

A shot in the dark.....
Try this: When i parsed it i found 1,2,3 uses <h3>. But 4,5,6 uses <h4><h5> and <h6>.  Make 4,5, and 6 <h3> as well.  See if that fixes it and let me know. Thanx.

Mick.

Quote from: roobyroo on August 11, 2011, 10:27:51 AM
well with a lot of messing about and fiddling,i have now managed to get it working at last. (i have no idea how i managed it,and could not explain lol)

just now need to add more content to it.your thoughts and comments welcome.

http://www.taticalknights.co.uk/index.php

Your slider has a scroller. Minimize the size in css- slider folder.

Mick.

Quote from: oldrow on August 11, 2011, 11:02:30 AM
Does it play nice with a chat box on the front page?
I dont see why not.

thecoo1est

Quote from: bluedevil on August 11, 2011, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: thecoo1est on August 10, 2011, 09:25:10 PM

Do you mind posting what changes you did for others to read?

A shot in the dark.....
Try this: When i parsed it i found 1,2,3 uses <h3>. But 4,5,6 uses <h4><h5> and <h6>.  Make 4,5, and 6 <h3> as well.  See if that fixes it and let me know. Thanx.
I dont mind, and by the way, changing the h4,h5,h6 tags to h3 worked perfectly, thanks.

Now the changes I made to slider css to self adjust width when using in a center portal are below, keep in mind Im not a coder but Im not afraid to mess with stuf and try to figure it out, the changes I made work great for me using adkportals center block and will auto adjust width for fulscreen users and widescreen users. First make a backup copy of your slider css incase you miss a edit or leave something out, or just want it back to original.

At the very top of the css sheet find ".lof-slidecontent{"
replace "width:892px;" with width:auto;  max-width:892px;

Now find ".lof-main-wapper .lof-main-item img{"
change the "width" to 70%

Now Find ".lof-main-item-desc{"
replace "width:400px;" with width:auto;  max-width:400px;

Now find ".lof-navigator-outer{"
change the "width" to 33%.... (sounds weird but 33% seem to work best for me)

Now find ".center" (its at the bottom of page)
replace "width:892px;" with width:auto;  max-width:892px;

(optional) if you want the pictures in the scroller to have a wider aspect
Find ".lof-navigator li img{"
change "width" to 80px or 90px

After all that if your using the " index.template.php" edits inside a portal like I am, you want to change all the 900px and replace them with 100%. I honestly dont know if it matters or not but I did it anyway, but it seemed to work fine before I changed them, but you can play with it yourself :)

If you have any doubts if this works or how it looks, view my webpage in my signature, and change your resolution to view the slider in both wide and fullscreen to view variation.

Mick.

Thnk you Coolest, you rock man!  ;)

Swifty550

How do I go about editing the slider-css?

lmbuehrer

This doesn't work for rc5? I tried installing it to the theme "DSv1" And it did not work it couldn't execute it.

Mick.

Quote from: lmbuehrer on August 18, 2011, 12:43:48 PM
This doesn't work for rc5? I tried installing it to the theme "DSv1" And it did not work it couldn't execute it.
Dsv1 is a custom theme different from default. Your best bet is to seek assistance at dzinerstudios.com ;)

lmbuehrer

dang, nah, they'd charge too much... blaah.

spartan1project

I want this mod for my site but it does not work with the BlackRain v3 theme that I currently love and use.  How can I make this happen?

:)

Matthew K.

moguns

You Sir are Nobel and wise.

Does this play nice with global headers and footers? Was wondering how to get it below the info center

Matthew K.

Parse the mod edits on the mods page by clicking the version, your version of SMF and then parse.

Instead of placing it in the template where it shows to...put it below template_info_center(); which renders the info centre in the template.

moguns

Advertisement: