News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting

Started by hotrod007, July 05, 2011, 10:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod007

Host/ Tech is telling me they found this in the Error Logs.  and The reason for some of my slow connections..

I searched for this but can't find anything.  anyone ever get this?

Illori

how many users on average do you have on your sever at one time? sounds like you are out growing your hosting package. who is your host?

hotrod007

Hi Illori, thank you for your reply

I am on a VPS with Hosting.com.   here is my  Status.php...  http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/status.php

I own a pretty popular Fishing Web Site, and at the peek times we are having issues with legacy.  I have been told I am out growing my VPS by them and I need to upgrade to a Cloud.  But the cost different is Huge and I can't afford that added expense at the moment.  I see more than 100 actually users on at one time.. but with the Spiders and Bots. it may hit 200.

Also been trying to understand the robot.txt file and trying and slow down the spiders and bots but it's doesn't seem to be working.

Can they.... the bots hurt my max connections.

Since I'm on a VPS They don't provide support. but they are good people and help me anyway they can..  One of thier techs goes beyond support for me..

She said  she could tune apache for the max guest.  but was afraid it will take away from my resources when it starting hitting the higher values..

I was hoping the problem was with the bots and spiders..

your opinion and direction would be greatly appreciated..

Rod

Illori

you could try posting the server configuration board for further help on tweaking your vps. or you could post in the hosting requests board and see what other options would be available for your forum. i dont know much about hosting.com but you may find another host able to work with you better.

hotrod007

Advertisement: