News:

SMF 2.0.19 has been released! Please update. Read more.

Main Menu

How to Change Title / Logo part in Default theme

Started by Ivan Minic, August 01, 2005, 08:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

If you don't have it repeat, it will display the image once in the top left corner of the area to which it is the background, in this case the body behind the forum.

If you want it to repeat only horizontally (like Curve theme's background):
background: url(image.png) repeat-x;

If you want it to repeat only vertically, use repeat-y. Repeat in both directions is repeat, and no tiling of any kind is simply no-repeat.

Outdoor-Fishing

Quote from: Arantor on March 20, 2010, 07:28:59 PM
If you don't have it repeat, it will display the image once in the top left corner of the area to which it is the background, in this case the body behind the forum.

If you want it to repeat only horizontally (like Curve theme's background):
background: url(image.png) repeat-x;

If you want it to repeat only vertically, use repeat-y. Repeat in both directions is repeat, and no tiling of any kind is simply no-repeat.

Very interesting. I think I am starting to learn something here.  ;D

Thanks for the help!

cowboyffs

#82
Good morning,

We're using the Diber Multicolor theme. I've read through the previous 5 pages and managed to find the lines of code mentioned to center the logo with reference to the other themes.

Can someone suggest where I will find the code with reference to  Diber so we can center our logo?

Thanks,
Cowboyffs

*afterthought* It will also help if you can suggest if the change will be as simple as "center" or <div align="center"<img ..... whatever.
Thanks again.  :)

crewchiefinlife


nissilaws

My own problem here is that I cannot even reach the index.template.php file of my default theme. In my admin. panel, there is no where I can modify the default template. Can anyone help me? I have spent long hours on this. Thanks.

Arantor

nissilaws: Are you using SMF For Free? If so I don't think you can actually edit it. Otherwise it's in Admin > Current Theme where you can edit the files.

nissilaws

Thanks Arantor. I thought SMF is a totally free software. Do some pay for it?  Also please, if you know of any mod I can use to increase the font size of the forum title, I will be most grateful for such information.

Arantor

No... the software is free and it's one you download and run on your own site.

If you use the SMF For Free service, they host and administer the site and any support should be requested of them because it's up to them what features you can have. What's the URL of your forum?

nissilaws

That means I am not using the for free service because I host through my hosting account. I wonder then why there is no where I can modify index.template.php of the SMF Default Theme - Core.

Kindly look at: http://nigerianparentsforum.com/. The forum title is way too small. Any MOD I can use to increase this? Thanks for your help.

Arantor

You can't edit the default theme because every other theme edits it. You will have to do it manually through FTP (which means you can take a backup too)

I don't believe there are any mods, but this thread explains the parts you have to change.

jackmullaney

Great job!
I need to change the text of the title
How do you do that?

xenovanis

Quote from: jackmullaney on July 08, 2010, 10:15:50 PM
Great job!
I need to change the text of the title
How do you do that?

What title? What version?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

iuser

Hi, nice tutorial.

But where can I change what says at this part (I found the 4 side logos)?

QuotePowered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC



Thanks.

xenovanis

Quote from: iuser on July 10, 2010, 12:03:27 AM
Hi, nice tutorial.

But where can I change what says at this part (I found the 4 side logos)?

QuotePowered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC



Thanks.

What do you want to change? You're not allowed to remove the copyright.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: