News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How do I fix this? (Page Errors - A cry for help)

Started by Uhura!, July 06, 2011, 02:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

This is happening to one of my users: Click

Please tell me how to fix this.

SMF 2.3.3 2.3 RC3

:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

ARG01

Quote from: Uhura! on July 06, 2011, 02:09:41 PM
This is happening to one of my users: Click

Please tell me how to fix this.

SMF 2.3.3 2.3 RC3

All I am seeing is Wordpress with vBulletin. Where is the SMF rc3?  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

agent47

You're one confused lil puppy, aren't you Uhura?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

Uhura!

No I am not confused.

The article @ the link describes what is happening to a user on my site (regardless of the software referred to in the article).

I am asking how to fix that particular problem in SMF.

"Done but with errors on the page"
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Illori

so the script has an error, but does the forum work otherwise for this user? what page does the error happen on? some more information and maybe we can tell you what is going on.

Bigguy

What are the errors that Internet Explorer is telling you about. ???

Done, but with error on page

is not telling anyone anything.

Uhura!

I'll ask her to post a screen shot...but in all honesty - the problem described at the link I provided describes the issue she's having exactly.

Uhura!

Quote from: Illori on July 06, 2011, 08:26:21 PM
so the script has an error, but does the forum work otherwise for this user? what page does the error happen on? some more information and maybe we can tell you what is going on.

She claims that all pages always have this.

I'll ask her to take a screen shot :)

Joker™

Quote from: Uhura! on July 10, 2011, 05:07:46 PM
She claims that all pages always have this.

I'll ask her to take a screen shot :)

- Error log?
- Mods installed?
- Forum links?

All those things counts a lot for people providing support ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Uhura!

There is nothing for her in the error log but this error is common every day:

Quotehttp://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?action=search28: Undefined index: titleFile: /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Themes/moms/index.template.php
Line: 453

The link to my site is in my signature.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Uhura!

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Uhura!

I am embarrased to say that I don't know how to do that.

Are there instructions for that anywhere?

Sorry

Joker™

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

Do what that page says, then go to

themes\< the theme you are using>\index.template.php

attach it here.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Uhura!

MiY4Gi

What exactly are we supposed to be seeing in that screenshot? Is the problem with those smileys? Also, who's hosting your website? Do you have access to your forum's file directory? If you do then all you need to do is navigate to /home/ourmo0/public_html/community/Themes/moms/ and download the index.template.php file (i.e. right click on file, then click download), or even copy the file's contents to notepad and attach the txt file here.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Joker™

Quote from: Uhura! on July 11, 2011, 08:52:26 PM
Here's her screen shot

I must be missing something, as I can't see anything wrong with the screen shot.

Quote from: Joker™ on July 10, 2011, 05:36:32 PM
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

Do what that page says, then go to

themes\< the theme you are using>\index.template.php

attach it here.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

WillyP

There is non-valid html or javascript on the page. If the page is working for her otherwise, tell her to turn off error reporting in IE. For anybody but a web developer it is a useless feature anyway. Probably there are errors in the theme or something you have added to it.

Uhura!

Advertisement: