Ancient and Rusted

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, July 06, 2011, 07:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to the theme

Another classic theme, made by m3talc0re, now for 2.0.

A simple core based theme with a rust effect and erosion for your forum.

Please note this theme is not released under the BSD License.  You are free to use this theme and modify to suit your needs but you are not allowed to remove the theme copyright (unless you pay for it) or distribute the theme in any format.
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

ARG01

Looks great. A live demo would be cool.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Crip

This Theme takes me wayyyy back .. good work Runic ;D
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

Robert.

Deaks

crip look at http://www.bryandeakin.com/index.php/page,freethemes.html you should see a air few that you should remember
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

ishy

How would I stick a logo at the top right?

Steve

Quote from: ishy on July 30, 2011, 06:57:29 AM
How would I stick a logo at the top right?

Or in the center?
DO NOT pm me for support!

ESKORPION

Hi,

I have a problem. When i install the theme shows the next error:

no se pudo cargar la plantilla main_above

In english:

could not load the template main_above

What I can do? How I fix?

I have smf 2.0.9 and i try upload by .zip and FTP but shows the same error.

Thanks a lot!

Well, after post i've tried one more time and...tachán! Works! I don't understand but don't touch anymore  :-X

runningtrades

Anyone else having issues with Windows 10 and this theme not displaying correctly?

LemnisCate8

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone using this theme would mind telling me how to change the font and how to add a logo. Though very new to SMF, it is not beyond my comprehension how to do it, if I could only get instructions.

Antechinus

The logo background is in the theme's images folder (../Themes/Ancient_and_Rusted/images/logo_bg.jpg). You'll need to ftp another image into place to overwrite the default image.

Which fonts do you want to change? If you want to change the font for the main title (over the logo background) look in style.css.

LemnisCate8

I suppose I forgot to subscribe to this thread, thus the delay. Thanks for responding.

Heck, the font sizes need changing it seems. But I feel unqualified to try, as it will need padding and possibly other changes to make everything work. Wait, let me ask you that... if I change the font sizes, the visible ones on front page, all to be 1-2px larger, does anything else need to be changed to accommodate the larger font size? Also, with a larger font size my preference would be to have more padding in between the texts. Would that be a big job if I were to try it myself? Not sure I want to try, but I'd like to consider the option. Or at least know what I'm asking someone else to do for me.

Antechinus

The easiest way to find out is to try it. Just change the base font size and see what happens. Without knowing the whole theme backwards I can't predict exactly what will happen, but there's a good chance a lot of it will be fine. Some areas may need a bit of tweaking.

TBH the font stacks for this theme don't make any sense anyway, so my bet is you won't do worse than the original author did. :D

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

gisfreak

any change to implement responsive on to the template?
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Deaks

It would be possible to make it responsive, would require some of the coding to be re-written and updated as it does use old school tables with fixed widths
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Ed2

Anyway to increase overall font size?

Deaks

overall font size can be updated in the body section of the index.css more specific area's well you would need to expand on :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Ed2

Quote from: BryanD on November 28, 2017, 10:01:15 PM
overall font size can be updated in the body section of the index.css more specific area's well you would need to expand on :P

Obviously I can increase the font in the news section...if you look at the forum (www.3500HD.com) do you see small font?, if so what areas need to be changed and what font do you recommend?

Thanks

Advertisement: