News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Customization Team

Started by ZarPrime, July 06, 2011, 11:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Out of curiosity, are there any members of the Customization Team, or anyone else, actively supporting any of the available Mods on the Mod site?  Specifically, I'm wondering about ...

Mod Name:  Anti-Spam Links
Created By:  SMF Customization Team
Type:  Spam Prevention
First Created:  January 24, 2010, 04:42:59 PM
Last Modified:  May 26, 2011, 12:55:34 PM
Latest Version:  1.0.1
Compatible With:  2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5
Link --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2404

The reason I ask is that I posted a question about this Mod 2 weeks ago and nobody has responded.  Is there nobody who can answer questions like this or am I just out of luck?  Link is here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=364169.msg3085864#msg3085864

TwitchisMental

I see the problem you are having give me a quick second and I will point you in the right

Edit 2: Okay it seems to still be under development it just has not been updated yet. You best bet would be PM the maker about the bug so he or she can fix it with the next release.

ZarPrime

Well, thanks but the maker of the Mod is listed as the "SMF Customization Team".  Are you saying I should PM all of the Customizers?

Edit:  I'm not in the habit of PM'ing people here when the answer to my question will likely help others, if you know what I mean.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ZarPrime on July 07, 2011, 12:02:40 AM
Well, thanks but the maker of the Mod is listed as the "SMF Customization Team".  Are you saying I should PM all of the Customizers?

No PM that specific account,I am sure it is used by all the members so next time it is logged into your pm will be read. Just be sure to state clearly why you are pming them. Like Found Bug in X Mod .

ZarPrime

Hmmm, interesting solution since the last time anyone has logged into that account was almost 2 months ago.
May 13, 2010, 01:32:02 PM

Edit:  Hmmm, did I say 2 months ago?  More like a year and 2 months ago. :o

TwitchisMental

Quote from: ZarPrime on July 07, 2011, 12:08:17 AM
Hmmm, interesting solution since the last time anyone has logged into that account was almost 2 months ago.
May 13, 2010, 01:32:02 PM

I can tell you they have probably been logging in as hidden,because they updated the mod just a few months ago. However if you must you can PM any of the members of the customization team them self and they will point you in the right direction.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Actually, that account is rarely accessed if ever - it used as a tool by the team, not as a user account. But when I get back to the computer, I'll check out that topic and we'll see if I could help you in any way :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

ZarPrime

Thanks Lex.  I'll keep both tabs open in my browser so that I can quickly check back.

live627

I can't belove I found the error in a minute of looking through the code the first time ::)

There's a regex in Post.php that searches the message for links. Code tags have a link to select the text. I'm not too strong in this,  but I'll give it a try.
Code (Find in ./Sources/Post.php) Select
if (preg_match('~<a href="(?!' . preg_quote($boardurl) . ')~i',

Code (Replace with) Select
if (preg_match('~<a href="(?!' . preg_quote($boardurl) . '|javascript\:void\(0\)|#)~i',

That code occurs thrice. Replace all three.

Back that file up first!

Matthew K.

Adding on to what Lex said, the SMF Customization Team is rarely if EVER used, as all PMs are added to a board so we can access them quickly and more efficiently.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Seems like the issue indeed might be the code tags, I'm no good with regex though :P
Do give Live627's edit a try and let us know if that solved it :)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

live627

I'm far from a regex genius but I can tweak them. Writing one from scratch... not my cup of tea.

ZarPrime

Guys,

Thanks for looking into this for me.  I won't be able to do live's code edit until later today now (1:30 AM here now) but I will check it and then get back to this topic to let you guys know.  If that solves it, perhaps someone can then merge this topic into that Mod topic after we know for sure.

BTW, before I get off here tonight, someone else mentioned that the Mod might be detecting the "//" as a link and causing the error with the code tags.  I'll be back later today to let you know what I find out.

live627

QuoteMod might be detecting the "//" as a link
As I see it, the regex does not return that as a false positive.

Almost midnight here, so yeah, I'll be hitting the hay soon too.

Kermit

As i see this is something with code tag itself,if you use i.e. quote tags,it works normally
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

ZarPrime

Quote from: live627 on July 07, 2011, 12:27:34 AM
There's a regex in Post.php that searches the message for links. Code tags have a link to select the text. I'm not too strong in this,  but I'll give it a try.
Code (Find in ./Sources/Post.php) Select
if (preg_match('~<a href="(?!' . preg_quote($boardurl) . ')~i',

Code (Replace with) Select
if (preg_match('~<a href="(?!' . preg_quote($boardurl) . '|javascript\:void\(0\)|#)~i',

That code occurs thrice. Replace all three.

Back that file up first!

Live627, the code edits seem to have worked and no errors in the error log.  The only side effect is that the [Select] link is shown as [nonactive] but  that's probably OK.  Here's a link to a couple of Newbie posts by my test account if you want to see what it looks like --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=34213.0

Duncan, yeah, I know the quote tags work but we sometimes (oftentimes) have a need for people to use the code tags (#) as well.

ZarPrime

I would have a couple of suggestions on this.

1.  Someone on the Customization Team should make a note of this and add it into the Mod the next time it is updated.

2.  Someone trim up this topic and merge it into the Mod topic --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=364169.0

Thanks for everyone's help.  I'll mark this topic solved. ;)

IchBin™

Thanks ZarPrime. I'll add this to my todo list.

Oh and thanks live627 for the fix. We'll review and hopefully update the mod soonish!
IchBin™        TinyPortal

ZarPrime

Sure thing Brad, and thanks again everyone for helping me to get this fixed. ;)

Advertisement: