boot poster brobleme

Started by µndead, May 29, 2012, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

µndead

plzzzzzzzzzzz can someone help ..
i have a big probleme and i trued before to fix it but i can i instaled the SMF forum i think 20 time
but the boot they kill my site for exemple every time i inteled i found like 5000 posts/day  so in 1 months my forum go down ..
so i need i mods or a script can help me to stop this all boot posts
and thnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnxx

MrPhil

I take it that these "boot" posts are what everyone else calls "spam" posts. There are many things available on SMF to cut down on the number of spambot registrations, especially in SMF 2. Crank up the CAPTCHA difficultly level (unfortunately, less effective these days). Enter some forum-specific questions to be asked registrants. Add mods to check signups against known spammers. Require a valid email address to complete the registration. Consider requiring administrator approval of registrations (could be a lot of work for you!). Don't allow links to be posted in posts or signatures for the first N posts. Look at "bad behavior" mod. If many of your spammers are coming from certain IP address ranges, or certain email domains, ban them. There are lots of things you can do to control spam -- it sounds like you haven't done any yet.

Advertisement: