News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Query for Traffic

Started by colby2152, July 07, 2011, 10:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I know what this is not doing correctly.  It is counting total number of page views between two timestamps on the post-dates rather than the view-dates.  This still provides some useful information, but is there a way to tailor the code so that I can see total page views during a time period?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

ascaland

I believe that isnt possible.

colby2152

Quote from: Project Evolution on August 20, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
I believe that isnt possible.

Fair enough.  While that is what I want... I can make do without it by taking monthly reports.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

colby2152

One more request as I have explored several options on how to do this.  I want to change the board ID input, so that it is a series of board IDs, separated by commas like this: 1, 45, 542, 209, 1031, 78

The PHP script loops through the inputs, providing output for each board ID in the same format, so: Views(1), Views(45), Views(542), Views(209), Views(1031), Views(78)

It is essentially the same script but with a parent script that loops through the base script N times and saves the outputs in an array until the looping is finished.  The resulting output is the array of saved numbers, separated by commas.

Joker™

I did that in one of my mods.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2975

I would highly recommend you to read more about arrays on php.net. The power of arrays is simply amazing. I used them in one of the scripts at my workplace and the output was simply astonishing.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

colby2152

Do you think you could lend a hand with updating the code?

Joker™

Not any soon. I'll try to find some time for this, but no promises :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

colby2152

Quote from: colby2152 on August 26, 2011, 03:33:15 PM
One more request as I have explored several options on how to do this.  I want to change the board ID input, so that it is a series of board IDs, separated by commas like this: 1, 45, 542, 209, 1031, 78

The PHP script loops through the inputs, providing output for each board ID in the same format, so: Views(1), Views(45), Views(542), Views(209), Views(1031), Views(78)

It is essentially the same script but with a parent script that loops through the base script N times and saves the outputs in an array until the looping is finished.  The resulting output is the array of saved numbers, separated by commas.

Bump... any developer who is reading this.  I am tired of manually counting this board by board.  I do it for a couple hundred boards!  I would like someone to update the script that it can take multiple board IDs, separated by comma.  I need this completed after this weekend.

colby2152

colby2152

ascaland

colby2152

Quote from: Project Evolution on May 23, 2012, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: colby2152 on May 23, 2012, 09:08:40 PM
Quote from: colby2152 on April 25, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
I will pay!

Any takers?

Does this include boards past the 4th level of child boards?

No.  I have specifically set my forum to not have child board past such a level.  With zero being the first board in a category, I do not have any child board beyond level four.

Advertisement: