News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Default login cookie length, is it safe to increase the time?

Started by MacGig, July 07, 2011, 10:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGig

it's 60 minutes... any harm in making it longer, like several days or weeks?

Im tired of having to login to admin area after only one hour.....

thanks   ;D

Kermit

Nope ,if it would be harmful,there will be no any option like Forever  :P
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Illori

you can increase the length of time on the cookie, but it would only affect login time, not the time to ask for login for the admin panel, that is for your security although you can disable the password for access if you want.

MacGig

I dont mind doing the password for admin, I just wanted it to not ask after an hour.

thanks for the replies :)

Sir Osis of Liver

I may be missing something here, but that's the user's option.  If you login Forever (or 'Always stay logged in'), you shouldn't be logged out.  Haven't paid much attention to it, but my upgraded 2.0 install seems to be logging me out after a short time, even thpugh I use the  'Always....' option.  There was a login bug in RC5 and previous versions that affected IE8 and Chrome, and some work was done to fix it.  Could this be causing a problem?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

no that is not related to what the op wants to do which is extend the 1 hour limit for staying logged into the admin panel.

Sir Osis of Liver

Is that the second login that only applies to Admin?  Where's the option to extend it?

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

i have no idea maybe looking in admin.php might lead you somewhere.

Advertisement: