News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PAID - LDAP Mod for 2.x

Started by mortenhn, July 08, 2011, 10:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mortenhn

Hi everyone

Is there somebody who is willing to develop a new LDAP Auth MOD for SMF 2.x.

Or maybe convert the old one that can be found here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=247449.0  , so it will work without problems with SMF 2.x ?.

Of course as the subject says I'm willing to pay for the job within reason if needed.

So if anybody is up for the job, please tell me.

Regards
Morten

vbgamer45

It would be possible to update that mod in the topic to 2.0. Would involve changing the query format to 2.0, and checking  the file edits are done correctly.

The hard part would be testing the ldap code since few of us have a setup to test it out.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

mortenhn

Hi vbgamer

Testing it out would not be a problem, i can setup an openldap server on a development domain for somebody to test the new mod out or i can test it out and report back.

Regards
Morten

mortenhn

Is there nobody who is willing to take the task ?

Regards
Morten

Mr. Jinx

I'm looking for the same functionality in SMF 2.0.
Ldap authentication would be very nice.

Mr. Jinx

Wow... seems kinda dead in here.

Anyway, our company needed LDAP / AD forum integration. I recommended SMF because I'm running it for years.
We used an old mod for SMF 1 which worked, but there was absolutly no support. It was also very buggy.

So today we installed phpBB, out-of-the-box LDAP support! Although LDAP can be diffucult to setup, everything was configurable from de admin interface. If you really need to integrate Active Directory (or LDAP) with a forum you could try phpBB. Works for us.

sully213

I'd just like to bump this request for SMF 2.0 LDAP support. I'd really rather use SMF as I am familiar with it much more than switching over to phpBB.

Has anyone tried to e-mail and/or PM psa (the author of the original mod)?

Edit: I have just PM'd the author of the original mod. Keep your fingers crossed!

psa

I'm kind of slammed at the moment with other work, but this is on my list, possibly later this month.  I did some exploratory work, but honestly all of the code should be rewritten for proper use of the new database api, user interface methods, and integration hooks.  While I'm quite comfortable with the LDAP code, the SMF apis needed are poorly documented and have a bit of a learning curve.  The organizations that paid me to work on SMF before abandoned the system during the dark years of squabbling and delays, but I have new interest in it since the license fix.

sully213

Thank you for the updated status PSA!

I believe we can all understand and appreciate the "swamped with work" situation. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to see something from you in near future!

XerraX

ReAliTy iS JuST a DrEAm. HaCk ThE PLaNet!

sully213

Hey PSA, did you get a chance to make any progress on this?

If you need someone to test, please let me know. I have a site in development right now that I can test any updates on without fear of hosing something up in a production environment.

Thanks!

XerraX

another dead end on smf.. ldap support should be included by default
ReAliTy iS JuST a DrEAm. HaCk ThE PLaNet!

Advertisement: