News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Vertex

Started by MLM, July 11, 2011, 01:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyflash

@MLM: other question: i war reading the source code, and i find that you set

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

in the forum sections and topics

I'm a blogger and not a forum admin, but i don't understand why. So... why? :D

OnzeDanny

Quote from: Skyflash on March 06, 2012, 07:10:49 AM
@MLM: other question: i war reading the source code, and i find that you set

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

in the forum sections and topics

I'm a blogger and not a forum admin, but i don't understand why. So... why? :D

This is written in all the SMF themes.

You can find the answer here

QuoteSMF has the noindex thing there because of the PHP session ID in the URL

QuoteSMF is designed in such way that you don't get duplicate content, just refresh your index page and you will find noindex gone. Explain further, though you are on index page, but its not the actual index url and hence SMF is saying not to index it.
;) Danny

Demonic722

Quote from: Skyflash on March 06, 2012, 06:21:18 AM
Quote from: Demonic722 on March 05, 2012, 07:19:54 PM
I'm not sure what's causing that, but is there a way it could be fixed? It's only working like that on my current site, but I've tried it on a fresh SMF and everything worked fine...Also, the scroll thing (I'm not sure what it's called) is supposed to follow the cursor of the mouse in the menu bar, but on my site, it doesn't (it does on the fresh SMF though).
Install this Chrome Extension and reload the page

You should see all the javascript libraries your site is loading (see the attached picture)
Thanks for the link. When I used the tool, the only thing that came up was SMF and jQuery 1.7.1.

Edit: I found out why it was doing that. You can't have the Mod "Sisyphus" installed on your SMF Forum and use this Theme at the same time..

Edit 2: Nor can you have "FancyBox 4 SMF" installed..

drfun

Very nice theme,
Please is there a way to remove the vertex or replace it with your forum logo?
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

punchy

Hi everyone,

Just a quickie here for the designer guys,

I need to expand the horizontal bar that runs accross the top of this design and make it larger to accomate my forums logo, I don't want to make the logo smaller but the current size makes it overlap the menu tabs  ???

Take a peek

Any ideas

NanoSector

Quote from: punchy on March 16, 2012, 05:35:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a quickie here for the designer guys,

I need to expand the horizontal bar that runs accross the top of this design and make it larger to accomate my forums logo, I don't want to make the logo smaller but the current size makes it overlap the menu tabs  ???

Take a peek

Any ideas
I also tried to do that with my higher logo, seems it requires editing the CSS file + stretching an image. No idea how to do that so I just resized my logo.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

agiffey

I like how this forum looks with the width set at 75% but the top bars stay at 100%. How would I make the menu bar and top bars the same size (width) as the rest of the forum? I can change the header css from 100% to 75% but it then floats left. I am not sure how to keep it centered over the main page.

Thanks
Art   

drfun

Quote from: MLM on October 14, 2011, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Flavious on October 14, 2011, 11:07:08 AM
When someone logs in, we have the option to show unread posts. My users are screaming bloody murder because the "view replies to your posts" option is missing. How and where can I add that back in?

Uhh all you have to is add "?action=unread" to the url to index.php to get there. Or just add a link where ever you want with it.

Ex:

<a href="', $scripturl ,'?action=unread">View Unread</a>

Not very clear can you throw more light on this.
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

NanoSector

Quote from: drfun on March 24, 2012, 01:41:00 AM
Quote from: MLM on October 14, 2011, 04:15:39 PM
Quote from: Flavious on October 14, 2011, 11:07:08 AM
When someone logs in, we have the option to show unread posts. My users are screaming bloody murder because the "view replies to your posts" option is missing. How and where can I add that back in?

Uhh all you have to is add "?action=unread" to the url to index.php to get there. Or just add a link where ever you want with it.

Ex:

<a href="', $scripturl ,'?action=unread">View Unread</a>

Not very clear can you throw more light on this.
The option's still there, just a link needs to be made.

Where do you want the links to appear?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

sirkiu

Really nice job!!

When someone is going to post, the box field to write the message is too wide and I can read what I am writing. I attach an image to explain It better.

MLM

A reminder on copyright removal.

If you remove the copyright on the theme, prepare for further action!

YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THE COPYRIGHT!

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Skyflash

Hey, hey, calm down man...

I don't remember if i've really removed your copyright, or if maybe do by a mod, or something else. I was learning SMF, about 3 weeks ago, and it's possible i've modified your theme. Or not.

Send me your code snippet and i'll put again in the theme. In your theme that is only my testing theme and that, at this point, don't will be the definitive one.

Only a thing: i've read all your php files, and i've not seen ANY LICENCE about the copyright removal. So i'm telling you that i put it again (send me the snippet), but without the presence of a licence, i can remove it legally.

Remeber it, please

Skyflash

Quote from: MLM on March 29, 2012, 11:53:10 AM
A reminder on copyright removal.

If you remove the copyright on the theme, prepare for further action!

YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THE COPYRIGHT!
You sent me a PM with this text:
QuoteYou must re-instate the original copyright of the theme. Failing to do so immediately will result in further action.

You used the word "immediatly". Ok, now i'm wainting IMMEDIATLY you send me your code snippet, as i requested.
You can't say me thai i have to correct "immediatly" my fraud, if you can't "immediatly" send me the code you are telling i've removed.

Send me the snippet. I'll reinstall "immediatly"

Skyflash

45 minutes are gone. You're not able to send me your snippet "immediatly", as i've asked. You sentenced me for the copyright reinstall, and you're not able to answer me in the same ("immediatly") time.

As you don't give particular support on your work in this topic, you can't support people you menace with your messages. Let me say, man... you need drinking some (many?) chamomiles, because you're too stressed.

As you may consider with your eyes, my forum is full of external mods copyrigths, so the lack of your could just be a mistake. You have not been able to respond "immediately", as you claim but the other people, so i corrected the error myself.

And do not worry: when I have my final theme, your theme (and your copyright) will disappear forever from my forum

See ya, man

Ashley S

Hello guys.
Nice theme you have here MLM.

Just wondering since the borders are very thin white, is there a way you could change it to a thin black so it stands out more?
The borders look plain around the hedges. ;)

Thanks.

MLM

Quote from: Ashley S on March 30, 2012, 10:40:15 AM
Hello guys.
Nice theme you have here MLM.

Just wondering since the borders are very thin white, is there a way you could change it to a thin black so it stands out more?
The borders look plain around the hedges. ;)

Thanks.

Be my guest.. You would need to change all of the images that the theme uses (mostly the ones in the vertex_image folder) and images/theme/main_block.png

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

chr05210084

Thanks for creating this awesome theme MLM. Can you please help me with my small problem. The jquery function stops if I install Fancybox 4 SMF mod. How  can I fix it?

Thanks.

rll

Quote from: MLM on July 28, 2011, 05:07:50 PM
Quote from: Jack_the_ripper on July 12, 2011, 09:32:09 AM
Greate theme but i've got a little problem.
i attached a picture and you will see the problem.

What is the sollution?

Jack

Sorry for late response, I thought I had watched this topic but whatever.

This will happen if you have too much stuff on your nav bar. You could decrease the padding(css) on the items to fit all of your stuff.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could you please direct me to which css this setting is in I'm using Vertex-Theme2-0-2-v1-2 - indes.css or rtl.css?
Also the name of the div or class that the padding needs to be changed?

Thank you.

Robert.

When you are using an RTL language it's rtl.css. If not, it's index.css. :)

rll

With the Vertex theme under CSS both are listed?  So it would seem that I would need to know which css along the div or class tag that the padding is under that needs to be changed?

Advertisement: