News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Vertex

Started by MLM, July 11, 2011, 01:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drfun

Where and in which of the file please thanks
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

MLM

Quote from: drfun on May 28, 2012, 06:47:17 PM
Where and in which of the file please thanks
index.template.php

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

drfun

ok, i will work on that. thanks
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

emrahseral

Hi everyone. Before I post, I must warn you I am a novice.

Question: Is it normal for the Vertex theme to NOT have a messageindex.template.php file?

I ask because the CBI mod (Custom Board Icons) requires a modification in said file.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

NanoSector

Quote from: emrahseral on December 13, 2012, 02:54:02 PM
Hi everyone. Before I post, I must warn you I am a novice.

Question: Is it normal for the Vertex theme to NOT have a messageindex.template.php file?

I ask because the CBI mod (Custom Board Icons) requires a modification in said file.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Hello, welcome to SMF!

This is completely normal. The Vertex theme uses the file from the default theme, that is Themes/default/messageIndex.template.php. You should edit that file instead.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

emrahseral

Thanks for the welcome and info Yoshi  :) Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem.

I tried modifying the messageindex.template.php in the Default folder as well as copying the same messageindex.template.php into the Vertex folder but nada. All I get is the attached result for my CBI efforts.

While I have you here, might you be able to help me out with this CBI business?

NanoSector

I don't know how the CBI mod works unfortunately. What you can try is to copy the same images in each theme, also check where the image is supposed to be by right clicking and selecting Image Information or similar. You should ask for support atthe original author of the mod if that doesn't help you out I'm afraid, which he provides at http://www.smfhelper.info/ if I got the address right. Good luck :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

emrahseral

Thanks Yoshi, I appreciate it.

emrahseral

Hi MLM and users of Vertex, how's it going?

Well...I use 2.0.2 and also run the Vertex theme (mighty aesthetic theme too).

As visually pleasing as it is, I have a problem with board titles and the "unread posts" link getting molded together. You can see the situation for BEFORE logging in and AFTER logging in the attached files.

This issue arose after I installed and ran Custom Boards Icons. Last night me and Bigguy (CBI's author) did a serious back and forth until I was able to run the mod and, after we were able to get the icons up but with the board titles and Uread Posts link coming up jumbled, he advised me to come here to seek support from the theme's author. It is also important to point out that his mod requires a change in the boardindextemplate.php and messageindex.template.php files of Vertex. Since Vertex doesn't have a messageindex.php file, we only changed the boardindex.template.php file.

This being the case, he said: "... If you replace it [the modified boardindex.template.php] with an unmodified version and that error corrects itself then it is the mod somehow. If not then it is the theme..."

So, I changed the boardindex.template.php back to it's original state but the problem persisted. So, as far as Bigguy's opinion goes, this is an issue with the theme, and not the mod.

Would anyone happen to know how to remedy this?

Thanks in advance.

MLM

Quote from: emrahseral on December 14, 2012, 07:48:23 AM
Hi MLM
Thanks in advance.

Revert back to the original boardIndex template and make the changes manually. The reason this theme is so visually pleasing is because it is custom. Custom means that you are going to have problems with mods made for the default themes.

Look at what the mod is trying to do to the boardIndex and implement it so it fits correctly.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

emrahseral

Hi MLM, thanks for getting back to me.

Quote from: MLM on December 14, 2012, 04:20:35 PM
Revert back to the original boardIndex template and make the changes manually.

Please bear with me, I'm an uber-rookie. When you say "...make the changes manually..." what exactly does that mean? (Sorry).

Quote from: MLM on December 14, 2012, 04:20:35 PMLook at what the mod is trying to do to the boardIndex and implement it so it fits correctly.

Now I know how my 6 year old feels when I try to explain something to her that is as clear as day to me :( Please elaborate on this too MLM.

Thank you.

MLM

Quote from: emrahseral on December 14, 2012, 04:38:17 PM
Hi MLM,
Please bear with me, I'm an uber-rookie. When you say "...make the changes manually..." what exactly does that mean? (Sorry).
Thank you.

On the mod site (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=511) parse the instructions

After that look for the edits to BoardIndex.template.php

Since it looks like it just has one edit it should be easy to implement. Find where the board icons are on the Vertex Theme and then paste anything that the mod adds. It may not be necessary to add all of it.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

emrahseral

Aw damn, I forgot to come back here and say I had resolved the issue-terribly sorry MLM. And thank you for spelling it out for me.

gp10

Hi, I have two questions

1 - How can I translate the word "Search" inside Search Box? I translate the smf forum and the file inside languages theme like "View Inbox", " Welcome, Guest!" but i can't find the word "Search"

2 - How can I down the logo? I check the css and when I want down my logo in "banner_logo" the logo doesn't move and the search box down (?! lol)

ViewFromTheBoundary

Hi,

I'm new to SMF and I have installed the Vertex theme (which looks great by the way!) But after I have installed it the alerts system I have disappears, and so does the shoutbox, please could someone give me some guidance how to resolve this issue.

Both are by the SMFPacks team

Thanks Alex

kat

Mods only get installed to themes, if the Mods are installed after the themes are, for reasons that are logical, if you think about it. ;)

You can either go to the mod's download page and check-out the parser, so that you can install the mods, manually, or you can uninstall the mods and reinstall them, getting it to install on the new themes.

In a custom theme, there shouldn't be too many edits. Probably, just to index.template.php (Although there may be others)

ViewFromTheBoundary

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 04:23:07 PM
Mods only get installed to themes, if the Mods are installed after the themes are, for reasons that are logical, if you think about it. ;)

You can either go to the mod's download page and check-out the parser, so that you can install the mods, manually, or you can uninstall the mods and reinstall them, getting it to install on the new themes.

In a custom theme, there shouldn't be too many edits. Probably, just to index.template.php (Although there may be others)

I have uninstalled the mods like you said, installed the theme and then added the mods back in again, however this did not solve the issue.

Would an edit need to be made to the vertex theme via the templates? As in, is this theme a 'custom theme' as you say.

kat

Exactly that, yes. I'd've thought the reinstall would've worked, though, unless you didn't check the boxes for it to be installed on the other theme(S).

ViewFromTheBoundary

Quote from: K@ on March 31, 2013, 05:19:44 PM
Exactly that, yes. I'd've thought the reinstall would've worked, though, unless you didn't check the boxes for it to be installed on the other theme(S).

It was the tick in the box that I didnt do, thanks for that!

Second question, how would you get the shoutbox to the bottom of the page as it is currently at the top?

Thanks

ViewFromTheBoundary

And another question  ;)

How would i go about hiding the "child boards" i have been searching for the code but I can seem to find it

Advertisement: