Database Error Messages and Lost Theme - Please help!

Started by mark23, July 11, 2011, 11:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark23

Hi guys. I set up my forum yesterday. After I got everything up and running, I got this sent to me by email:

There has been a problem with the database!

This is a notice email to let you know that SMF could not connect to the database, contact your host if this continues.

I think this is related to the next problem.

Every once in awhile, my forum appears to like, loose the stylesheet or theme or something and just looks like nearly plain text. It is like this at the time of posting:

If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. On a side note, anyone know of a good red and white theme?

mark23

Dzonny

Hello there and welcome to smf community.

Please firstly make sure that your paths are correct by using repair_settings.php
What is repair_settings.php?

Regarding the database issue the best would probably be to contact your host support and ask if they have some problems.

Regards.

Dzonny

Quote from: mark23 on July 17, 2011, 07:23:24 PM
Bump
Have you try as suggested?
Please don't bump topics unless it is not answered for 24 hours.

mark23

Quote from: Dzonny on July 17, 2011, 07:29:15 PM
Quote from: mark23 on July 17, 2011, 07:23:24 PM
Bump
Have you try as suggested?
Please don't bump topics unless it is not answered for 24 hours.

I just realized I bumped at nearly the same time as your reply and I didn't see it.

Thanks for the help, trying it out now.

mark23

Just tried that out. All of the paths are correct (as in the same as the Recommended values.)

I did, however, notice that the "Queryless URLs" shows up as "Value not found", but everything else seems normal.

Dzonny

Can you please provide us a link to your forum to see it?
Have you installed any themes after install?

mark23

hxxp:www.fifaencyclopedia.com/forums [nonactive]

I have several themes installed from when I was testing them out.

Illori

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.fifaencyclopedia.com/forums/Themes/default/script.js?fin11"></script>

you installed a theme that is not for your version of smf so it will not work

try using repair_settings.php to reset the themes back to default. just click the links for the themes part only.

mark23

That seems to have fixed it. I'll just stick to the default theme and I'll call my hosting provider regarding the errors.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it.

Dzonny

You can install themes, but choose the one which is compatible with 2.0 version.

Regards.

Advertisement: