News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Center Logo

Started by KBCoggin, July 12, 2011, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCoggin

I am trying to center the logo on my page (c3tech.biz).  However I can not figure out how.  Can someone help me please?

Forsaken-Fury

I believe your supposed to go into index.template.php or something and search logo....and you know <center>logo</center> i believe something like that

KBCoggin

Quote from: Forsaken-Fury on July 12, 2011, 01:43:07 PM
I believe your supposed to go into index.template.php or something and search logo....and you know <center>logo</center> i believe something like that

Tried this several times, that didnt work.  I believe I am just putting it in the wrong place.  Hoping someone can tell me the right place  ;D

KBCoggin

bouncing this to the top.

Anyone have any ideas?

Illori

please dont bump within 24 hours we are all volunteers and reply if and when we know the answer.

Clara Listensprechen

Quote from: Forsaken-Fury on July 12, 2011, 01:43:07 PM
Something like that but not exactly, as the Theme images aren't simple blocks. I vaguely remember having to diddle with the CSS offsets, too, and even then all I got was an improvement on logo location, but not a centering.  I'll have to dig up some very old notes to find exactly what I did fiddle with, because I do know it's not just the template but the style sheet that does stuff. I also know that part of the Theme image involves taking an image one pixel wide and simply repeating it...so...things aren't as easy as they look.
I shall continue to be an impossible person so long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}

HuNSLaYeR

Adding your own logo to SMF forum

go to your admin control area (on your smf)
click on current theme
under the theme option preferences
scroll down to an option that says : Logo image URL: ___________________
(leave blank to show forum name or default logo.

Insert your logo URL and preview it to see if it appears, you might have to alter the size of your logo to make it look right and blend in with your forum.

Hope this helped you ...

Original Source: pinoypetfinder

Ozzie

if you add your logo the way hunslayer said then doing the following on each theme index css will centre your logo,you may need to adjust the % number! on mine it can vary between 20 and 40.....just play until it is correct it all depends on your logo size

go to your index.css for the theme and find h1.forumtitle and replace the whole thing with whats below

h1.forumtitle {
    float: left;
    font-family: Geneva,verdana,sans-serif;
    font-size: 1.8em;
    line-height: 45px;
    margin: 0 0 0 40%;
    padding: 0;

i hope that helps it works fine for me

2000+ games available to download

Advertisement: