Unable to install any mods..

Started by w3man, July 14, 2011, 09:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3man

When I try to install a mod, I receive the following errors:

Execute Modification ././Themes/default/index.template.php File not found
Execute Modification ././index.php File not found

Is this a problem?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you

Illori

are those files actually on your server?

w3man

Yes. I am trying to install the mod through package manager. 

Illori

that does not answer my question, do the files reported above actually exist on your server?

w3man

Sorry...I misunderstood your question. The files do exist on my system.

MiY4Gi

What's the URL of your forum (i.e. in your browser address bar)?

What's the installation directory of your forum (i.e. on your server)?

Did you create any redirects in your .htaccess file?

Have you tried navigating to the files concerned to do a manual installation?

Try navigating to the actual folders using your browser and see what it says. (It will probably just redirect you to the forum homepage, but it can't hurt to try.)
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

w3man

I can try that.

Something I noticed... The Action appears to have an extra ./ in it.

This is what it shows.
1. Execute Modification ././Themes/default/index.template.php File not found  (The path is ./Themes/default/index.template.php)
5. Execute Modification ././index.php File not found   (The path to this file is ./index.php)

I think this may be my issue. If so, any thoughts on how to correct this?

MiY4Gi

Run repair_settings.php. It fixes most server-related forum settings.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

w3man

I ran the repair_settings.php, everything was already set to the recommend value. Tere seems to be an extra "./" added before  every file when it runs the check.

MiY4Gi

Then remove the extra "./". If your forum stops working, you can always just run repair_settings.php again, to reverse the changes you made.

w3man

How can I remove the extra "./" This is in the actions field for the mod. It is an un-editable field.  I have attached a screen capture.

Illori

can you post a screenshot of the paths section in repair_settings.php? please do not include any passwords in the screenshot.

w3man

When I made some setting changes, and removed the server name and used the  relative path, somethings worked.  If I use the recommended settings, then I get failures on every file.

Illori

your forum directory is incorrect, your sources directory is incorrect, your attachments directory is incorrect, your avatars directory is incorrect your simileys directory is incorrect and your default theme directory is incorrect.

your attachments directory, avatar directory, smileys directory, and default theme directory should not have 2 \\ before them.

you have a linux server all paths should use / for the slash and not \

your sources directory should not have a / after it when you correct the path and your forum directory should not be just /smf same with your Sources directory.

MiY4Gi

Quote from: Illori on July 14, 2011, 12:25:39 PM
your forum directory is incorrect, your sources directory is incorrect, your attachments directory is incorrect, your avatars directory is incorrect your simileys directory is incorrect and your default theme directory is incorrect.

your attachments directory, avatar directory, smileys directory, and default theme directory should not have 2 \\ before them.

you have a linux server all paths should use / for the slash and not \

your sources directory should not have a / after it when you correct the path and your forum directory should not be just /smf same with your Sources directory.

If what you say is true, then what's up with those recommended values?

I was gonna tell him to change the Forum and Sources directories to the recommended values, then see if anything changes, but that's just my gut feeling.

Illori

that should work, but even better would be to verify with the host the exact path on the server and make sure it is correct in repair_settings.php and therefore settings.php

w3man

I am using a Windows file server running PHP5. I made some changes not using the default. I Think I have this issue resolved.  The mods are no showing test succeed. I had to change the paths.

I had to change the Forum directory to ./ and the default Theme directory to ./Themes/default and the Sources Directory to Sources

It appears so far the mods are now installing successfully.

MiY4Gi

You changed the forum directory to ./ ?  :o I thought your forum was installed in /smf ?

Anyway, if the problem has been resolved then I guess this thread can be marked as solved.

Advertisement: